Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TURKEY HUNT
These are pictures of the wife and my first turkey hunt this spring. We hunted in Utah where we both were lucky enough to draw tags. She shot the larger bird (Of course) he sported a 9 1/2 in beard with 1 1/8 in spurs and mine had an 8 in. beard with 3/4 in. spurs. They were both Rio's.
[signature]
Very, very nice--I went on my first turkey hunt in SE Idaho last spring and we didn't even see one. I really want to bag a turkey sometime. Those look great!
[signature]
Thanks for compliments, the wife is actually an Idaho Gal and loves to hunt and fish. Met her while I was stationed at Mt. Home.
[signature]
Nice birds Pete. That is some ground blind you got there, does it serve as a tent also? Did you call them birds in or have to ambush em? LOL!! [Wink]

Mike
[signature]
That is actually the Cabela's Lightning blind I bought for the wife last year on our bow hunt. I guess it could double for a tent but it has no floor. Has 1 door and six windows with shoot thru screens. I can set it up and take it down in probably 15 seconds or less, not counting putting in the ground stakes. It is pretty lite around 10 or 12 lbs in it's case I think. I know we rode out a pretty nasty afternoon rain,sleet, and hail storm in it last season one evening setting near a water hole. It sure was nice staying dry in it. It comes in different camo patterns. I think this one is called open country. We called both toms in to our decoys and they didn't seem to mind the blind. I shot mine at 20 yards and the wife got hers at 51 yards as ranged with my range finder.[cool]
[signature]
Hey Pete what happened to PACKFAN? Those women sure know how to shoot don't they? Makes you not want to piss them off with guns in the house[shocked]. My wife shot her first tom (9 1/2") the very first time I took her turkey hunting. It was perfect, we walked in with flash lights and at 6:05 a.m she had a dead bird on the ground. I really think I was more jacked then she was about it. By 7:00 a.m we were in Grangeville dressed in full camo eating breakfast. What a great morning! It took me 3 years of going before I killed my first tom, after my wife shot her bird she turns to me and says "What's so hard about this?[Tongue] I just told her she had a Good Guide and some beginners luck[Wink] LOL!!!
[signature]
Some how PACKFAN got dropped off the BFT site and I have tried to get it back with no luck. So for the time being I have been using PACKFAN1 or MRCRESTLINER. If I use my computer at work I can still log on under PACKFAN. I really don't mind the wife showing me up, at least she loves to do the things I do. I've had a few friends go down the line of divorce because the wife didn't approve of them hunting or fishing so much, seems to make for a rough marriage. We will have been together for 40 years this Sept. She has never even complained when I have been in Montana bow hunting elk during the rut on our anniversary several times. We are planning on making a trip to Alaska next summer fishing, I haven't worked out all the details as of yet. I have had several suggestions of where to book our trip but still Undecided.[cool]
[signature]
Gentlemen...you do know that if women can get over the initial "nerves" of firing at an animal, they do have better hand and eye coordination. [Wink] How else do you think we thread a needle?

It's nice that you gents like to take your wives up with you. Some men don't have the patience to teach their wives/girlfriends and would rather have the time away from them for "male bonding". I remember a guy I dated who wouldn't take me fishing with him because that was his time with the guys. We didn't date long, needless to say...[pirate]
[signature]
Sounds like we both got a couple of "Keepers" Pete. Me and Steph just had our 28th wedding anniversary on June the 2nd. She's the same way as your wife when it comes to hunting and fishing. Steph just says have a good time, good luck,and see you when you get back. [Wink]
[signature]
KUDOS to you and your daughter who is serving in the Navy. Both of our sons spent a stint in the Navy. I'm sure you will be glad to see her come home. Have a great weekend and good fishing.[Smile]
[signature]