Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smallie pics from East Canyon
[cool]Beggin4bass and I went to East Canyon Last Saturday (the 8th) and the fishing was pretty good for the smallies. Air temp was 36 when we launched at 5:45 and if I remember right, water temp was like 58 or so? They were all caught on crankbaits in close to shore casted toward the willows or parallel to them. I definitely understand why so many have turned their attention to smallies and away from just plain old slimer fishing (although I still love to catch them too). What a blast it is to fight a smallie. They fight about as well as the wipers (size for size that is).

Anyway, I'm attatching some pics for the enjoyment of the others. The 15 incher was my first decent smallie so I had give the fish a kiss like Jimmy Houston does, etc...Also, theres a pic of beggin for bass with a couple of little guys perfect for the deep fry...YUMMIE!! I definitely look forward to the next smallie expedition and plan to bring the crawdad traps too as the water warms a bit and the 'dads are closer to shore there...

(mods, sorry for the large size-please edit for me as I don't have any of that software here at work...)
[signature]
Got yerself some bass there O4T!
[signature]
You dirty bass killer [Wink] killer killer killer killer job
[signature]
[cool]LOL!
[signature]
From the looks of it, you guys kiss a lot of bass.
[signature]