Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard X 4 report
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Thought I would post my last few days at willard, there for a while I was getting skunked and woundering what the H#$@ was wrong with my set up, The last 3 times I caught Zip-O [Sad] I tryed every thing from past years to new things never tryed (I think) I trolled from 1-4 mph tryed every color in a rainbow, talked to those that had the good luck, I decided to give it one more shot on Monday morning, the A.M. seemed to be the different it was the 2nd clam morning after a storm and came home with 2 fat silver looking base things, (good eating) so here is the trick I found from most others fishing.[shocked][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]The fish are hitting on Light green and silver to crome looking lures 3-4 feet down (do not drag bottom), other things used was wiggle worm (light green in color) with a red head, also wait a day or so after a storm (my problem I was fishing after bad weather) and finely Location, Location, lure.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]about 2.2-2.5 is the speed you want for water temp under 65* for wyper and walleye. [/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]So this is what helped me out, hope it helps the rest of you die hards.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Fish on, Eat up![laugh][/black][/font]
[signature]
i sure hope the forcast for sunday is wrong. It will be my first time for teh year on willard and I really need to land a wiper[mad]
[signature]
Sunday should be good go to north west end of the Island and use crome / white bottoms with Gray or Light green top with red marks on the head and you should be O.K. and fish the A.M. before 0800 be on the water at 0600 GOOD LUCK
[signature]