Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard warms up
I want to start by congratulating Tube Dude and Tube Babe on 28 great years of marrage. My wife loves to fish and with out that passion for the sport I would never be set up with the boat, poles and equipment I have today. We fished this afternoon and although it seemed slow by the time we left we had boated 6 wipers and 4 walleye. We lost a walleye that was a real large fish. Was suprised they got that big in Willard. It was almost in the net. The wipers were the usual fighters between 18 and 21 inches. Basswiper and another friend was with me and it was a good time catching these fish. I think it won't be long before the boils start. We saw several wipers roll of the surface just after sunset but the ignored the usual shiny things we threw at them. The little minnows are boiling on the sand bar at the south marina but we didnt see any chasing while we were there. With the rising water temps those minnows will now doubt have to move out into deeper water. I think that will generate the boils.
[signature]
Nice report Dan, sounds like the evening is the time to be on Willard. How big do you think the walleye was that you lost at the boat?
[signature]
He was 25 maybe better. Nice fish. You want to try for the state record tiger tomorrow night at the pine?
[signature]