Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Perris Float tubing
Hey just curious to see if any of you have "tubed" over at Lake Perris CA. I know the lake really well, and have decided to tube it. Any of you guys done it yet? Im also wondering, because i really enjoy fishing the damn in the boat for bass, and was wondering if you are allowed to tube wherever you want? Id love to fish the dam in my tube, and wanted to see if you guys know anything about the rules for tubing at Perris.

Thanks

JA MARTIN
[signature]

Hi there JAMartin,

You are allowed to tube Lake Perris. I don't know the specifics. There are a couple of guys that fish for bass regularly with a tube and a kayak who post on another board but I can't remember which one. Be sure to have your PFD and I can't remember if you have to have a small flag to enhance visibility, some lakes you do. I'm wondering when the crappie are going to bust loose. Do they still have all those half submerged trees that harbor all those bluegill and crappie? Not been there in a long time.

tsurikichi
[signature]
Hey Ron

YES they do have the submerged trees on the east end of the lake, AND yes its still a crappie and bluegill paradise. I can remember several times, pulling the anchor out on the boat, and staying in the same spot for hours on end, just pulling up nice slabs of crappie, and fighting those great Perris bluegill. Usually what i do at Perris is this - mornings i fish the south end of the dam, near rock climbers cove. After a few hours i will split shot up and down the dam. Around 11am i will head down to the east end of the lake, and catch crappie and bluegills in the trees. Around 3pm i will troll the underwater island for bigger bass, and at the end of the day, i will finish off split shotting the dam again. Perris is a great lake to fish. Im gonna head out there either Wed or THur, and take the Cat out over there for the first time. I will let youi all know how i do,

JA Martin
[signature]