Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gorge
Went up to the lake friday night, got there to late to fish. Woke up early sat. and fished macks till 1:30 with not even a bite so we went north to koke fish, we got around 30 the biggest was 3.39. We had the best luck with Rocky Mountain Tackels Mai-Tai, Pink hothead, and the rainbow spoons. The rainbow seemed to be working the best until a bigger koke took it from me right at the boat.

We got up early sunday, and the macks were ON! Caught five right away,... 25, 24, 21, 19, and 16 pounders. They were really going for the radical glow tube in 'natural'. All in all it was a great trip. No Fish
[signature]
16-25 Lbs NICE!!!!

Got pictures?
[signature]
Sounds like you had a great time Aaron. Glad I was able to hook you up with some spoons Saturday night. I had to leave Saturday afternoon but was able to hook up with some nice Kokanee up north at the farm house. Good to see the macks are eating again. I'll be back up in two weeks, but I talked with Jared last night and he will be up there this weekend instead of going to California. Good luck.
[signature]
Have you tried any of Jareds stuff up at the berry? I'm going to head up there in the next couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the UV hoochies and dodgers up there. They've been awesome for me at the Gorge... hopefully they will work as well at the Berry! Just curious if you guys have been up trying them on Strawberry?

Thanks, bkidder
[signature]
I may try Sat morning. I have read a few reports of the Kokes showing up there now. I hear that brass colored dodgers are the hot ticket for Kokes this year. Has anybody tried them?
[signature]
Let me know how you do! No solid plans for me, but I think we'll sneak up there soon too. Just need to find the time!

I just got a report from a friend of mine that orange UV hoochies were working great the other day for kokes up to 18 inches. He was trailing them behind the hyper plaid dodgers and the orange fire ice dodgers. They also caught a few on orange wedding rings trailing behind the same dodgers. So, I guess maybe orange is the first color I'll try when I get up there! (unless you report that brass is on fire!)

Talk to you later, bkidder
[signature]
Thanks I'll let you know. I haven't got any brass dodgers yet but I have been hearing good things about them.
[signature]
Got some pics on a disposable camera, but my scanner's on the fritz, so I doubt if I'll be able to post any. Thanks for hooking me up Rob. They were really hitting the spoons.
NoFish
[signature]