Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gorge is dying!
Just so everyone is aware, I was just enlightened to the tragedy of burbot in Flaming Gorge by a distinquished member of this forum in another post, "macks eating burbot". As was said, the lakers are beginning to starve to death due to the explosion of burbot, and is not worth anyone's time any more. It's not worth launching your boat if it's lake trout you're after.

However, there is good news. Colorado's Blue Mesa Reservoir recently produced a lake trout of over 50 pounds, and numerous fish of 40 pounds and better are being caught. Its on the Western Slope, an easy days drive from Utah. That's the place to be, as we are going to rapidly lose what's left of our Gorge mack fishery. Blue Mesa is full of kokanee, brown trout, perch, and rainbows to grow lake trout at a phenominal rate. That's the place to be.

I will miss the Gorge, but those damn burbot are quickly ruining the fishery faster than my head can spin.

Again, a big thank you to the poster for enlightening all of us. See you in Colorado!

And now, the end is near, and now I face, my final curtain . . .
[signature]
You just sank me into the deepest Darkest depression. I will never find my way out. [unsure][unsure][unsure]

I feel your pain Jim.
[signature]
Don't worry about that wormandbobber guy, he is always stirring the pot. He has been banned once or twice and is lucky he is still on the site. He is never happy unless he is giving someone a hard time and he thinks he knows more about everything that anyone else. Most of the guys on this site including myself have more faith in what you say and do that some guys that gets off on giving others a hard time.
[signature]
Jim this is a good thing. No one will come fishing at the gorge and those of use that attepmt to catch amack skeletons will have the lake to ourselves. Yahoo.
[signature]
[url "http://www.fishflaminggorge.com/nice"]http://www.fishflaminggorge.com/nice[/url] try Jim, funny how you are catching all those big fish and putting them on your web site....whats the matter don't wantr to share anymore. For everybodys information I live 45 minutes from Blue Mesa, it is a great lake trout fishery,,,,,but it gets pounded hard, just a few spots and you want to talk about bumber boats, Just ask Don in Denver. Besides Blue is good for about 2 months in the spring and then the big girls go deep and are untouchable, . So whatever Jim,[Sad] share your lake with everybody and stop the nonsense, heck people just search on past post from Jim and see how he was bragging it up how healthy the gorge fish are, anybody who has fished the gorge knows there is no shortage of lakers up there.....for thoose of you that fish lake trout know that you don't give it all up, it is a unwritten rule, and you don't do this nonsense either. Jim I know you have a bunch of buddys on this site and I'm going to get crap but, you don't need to be doing this garbage,,,I'm done and will not be responding to any post so flame away boys [Wink]
[signature]
Jim's post was "Tongue in cheek". I agree with his sentiments, and don't blame him for feeling attacked in that other thread. However, the best way to get over this would have been to not even start this new thread, altogether.
[signature]
Maybe you didn't read the other post where someone told Jim the Gorge was in serious trouble. This thread stems from that one, and is written with sarcasm. [angelic]
[signature]
I generally just like to read the differant discussions on fishing. But I have to chime in on this one.
Let me start by saying I don't believe anybody has a finger on the pulse of the lake trout like jim. I can see how a person who is trying to make a living could get agrivated when people litteraly follow him around the lake trying to find the secrets,location, bait or whatever. So a little sarcasim should be allowed.
But those of you thinking that you are going to load up the boats and run down to blue mesa need to know the pressure these fish get is twice that of F.G. Especially after the state record was caught. I live roughly half way between the two and frequent them both. F.G. is still my choice for more and larger fish.
[signature]
Jesus Bobco. Lighten up!!! Don't worry, your little pond isn't going to get any more bombarded than it already is. And just like the Gorge, it already is beat to death anyway. There are no secrets, here, on Big Blue, or anywhere else. Have you checked the census lately? Nobody but yourself takes anything on any of these forums too seroiusly, and if you do, you need some spice in your life. The whole internet, and every forum on it, has it's share of trash. You should know that before you log on. Read with an open mind. These things are for FUN, it's not CNN or the State of the Union.

And if you feel so threatened, put all your Gorge photos up on every forum in the nation and tell them how you can catch 20 and 30 pound lakers with ease on the Gorge. Tell 'em how easy it is. Tell 'em you guarantee big fish all day, every day. The Gorge has taken all the punishment a lake full of Macks can take. It can't get any more pounded.

And just because I know that Blue Mesa Reservoir is the best new lake trout lake in the country doesn't mean I can't say that. Ever hear of freedom of speech? I'm not libeling anybody, and have no intention of doing so. I'm just saying the Gorge is on the decline, and Big Blue is up and coming, and the fish prove it. Just ask the guys I took out today that caught pretty much squat!

And for the record, I've posted more lake trout fishing information (and so-called secrets) on this board in the last couple of years than anybody. I've never failed to answer someone's question pertaining to mack fishing on the Gorge. Where is your feedback?
[signature]
Lets get over this and drop it. We are taking things to personal and being told to lighten up. I am not on here for sarcasm or jokes. Everyone back to your corners and quit whining.
[signature]
Last time I saw the water level, I thought the lake was dying too. I am afraid of what I will find when I return on Labor day.
[signature]
There's mackinaw in Flaming Gorge?[shocked] Sorry, Tarponjim, you let the cat out of the bag on this one, heehee! Man is that place going to get pounded now. Better get another boat to fool the followers.[Wink]
[signature]
I have to take back what I said yesterday about fishing pressure on blue mesa. What I should of said is the boats are a lot more concentrated on blue and if you are going down there just be prepared to get neighborly. Or at least hope your boat paint matches the guy next to you. The fish just aren't as spread through the reservoir as much as fg so everybody is fishing basically the same spot. There are just a few places you can go to get away from the crowds. But if someone sees you catch a fish there they w
ill be on top of you in just a few minutes. No different than fg just smaller.
After the new wears off the state record it should be a lot better time to make the drive from utah to colorado and fish blue mesa is all i'm trying to say.
[signature]
Can't you feel the love - for fishing that is.
[signature]