Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Inlet?
Has anyone ever fished the inlet at the south marina at Willard? I have a couple little boys that want to catch some fish and I thought that would be an easy place to do it. I have never fished the inlet before and was wondering if anyone could give me a couple tips to get the boys into some catfish.

Thanks in advance!
[signature]
Throw some crawlers out on light tackle and let it sit. Make sure you take PLENTY of bug spray.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000bf][size 3][Wink]I have fished the inlet as well as others, However everthing above (East) of the boy is off limits till July (due to walleye going there to spawn) this is what the ranger there said, and they will ticket you if you do fish east of this area, If you drop a green, white or a combination of this (Wiggle worn/ Plastic) you will do quite well, there have been some big wyper taken from this area, go early in the morning before 0600, they hit well befor sun up and at sun down in this area, Have fun and great luck to ya. and post your success or not on BFT.[/size][/#0000bf][/font]
[signature]
I'm not sure who this ranger was that told you that mis-information but the channel is in fact open. The dates that it is closes is march 1st thru april 28th. See fishing guide pg 22
[signature]
If you want to get your boys on some fish head up to Mantua and go to the dock near the boat ramp. If there aren't alot of skiiers around there will be blue gills all around and you can see them. Just drop a worm in and they will hit. My son had a blast.
[signature]
I know you are new to this site, so I just want to let you know, in case you are not aware of it, when you reply to the last post on a thread, a message is sent to that person through their Email. Because the person that ask the question is not notified he does not know if his question is answered unless he comes back to read the thread again. Some people come back to read what others have written but some people only read the replies they know they received because they were notified through their Email. Other sites work different like the DWR site but that is how this site works. I thought you were replying to something I posted but as I read your reply I could see you were replying to Wood shampoo. Just thought you would like to know. WH2
[signature]
thanks for the info. And sorry for the false alarm.
[signature]
I agree with TheFishSlayer, Mantua is a great place this time of year for young and old alike to catch panfish from the shore with a worm and bobber. Bluegill, Bass, Perch, and the occasional trout can all be had from the bank near the docks. You have a nice parking area with restrooms and a short hike up over the dike to the shoreline. Get there early and have a great day if you decide to try it there. There use to be a sign posted that didn't allow you to fish from the dock, but you really don't need to anyway.[cool]
[signature]
OH,OH I'm going to catch H___ from WH2 cause I replied to the wrong guy! But you get the message.[Tongue]
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][black][size 3][unsure]Some young kid, I thought he was wet behind the ears. becouse I told hime about the Pg 22 but he continued to tell every one, and about the reply I know about that as well.[Tongue][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]