Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish in Echo
I always see in the proclamation that there are channel cats in Echo. Just wondering if anyone has caught them there? Also what kinds of bait are effective, good fishing spots, and how big do they get?
[signature]
Good to have you on the board 476. Most standard catfish baits will work at Echo, I use night crawlers but minnows work also. The area that I have fished is east of the launch area on the same side of the lake as the launch, there are several points that go out into the lake and you can catch fish on all of them but I like the first point past the launch. The cats run about 3 or 4 pounds but I have heard of cats up to 8lbs being caught. If you go let us know how you do, we look forward to your future post. The best fishing starts in May and June, good luck. WH2
[signature]
therea re some nice cats in echo. they are a bit more spread out than your traditional cat fishery but they are still there. i would not recommend going to echo just to fish for cats but by using worms etc for other species as well it is quite likely to pick some up. i have caught and found the most cats on the north side of the lake.
[signature]