Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6-21-07
Was out on Willard last night, and the boils are everywhere! They were really sporadic and didn't last long, but you could hear tail slapping the surface all over the place.

I was with 2 buddy's who caught 6 and 5, and I got SKUNKED![mad] Still had a great time though![cool]

It seems they were hitting anything white/red, which I didn't have....
[signature]
Thanks for the report!

What part of Willard did you fish?? Were you in a tube or boat?
[signature]
Boat. We were just kinda floating around about 1500 yards north west of the mouth of the south marina. No pics, we left the camera in the truck. Average depth was 8-10 ft, and my buddys new Lowrance 4000 watt finder was going nuts. We were marking fish all over the place, but you didn't need a finder, as you could just hear them all around you! That was definitally a new experience with the boils for me. I've seen lots of them, but to see 40-50 at a time was pretty cool. Nothing quite like the boils that are 50 yards across and last a minute and a half though. These were all small and short, but abundant! One of the guys I was with had never seen them before and I think he's pretty well hooked on boil chasing![Wink]
[signature]
That's awesome! Again, thanks for the report. Can't wait to go out there and hit the boils! [cool]
[signature]