Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Debates! Flaming Gorge Report- 7/25
Fishing on Sunday morning produced a limit of kokes and bows, for two anglers trolling in the vicinity of Jarvies Canyon. Fish were abundant between 45-65 ft and the bite was best between about 6:30 and 8:00 am. We were trolling #2 Needlefish in pearl/redhead at 2-2.5 mph using downriggers set about 50-60 ft. Hold on tight though, the kokes were as acrobatic as they come! Open water temps were 67 F.

After trolling, we beat the shoreline with jigs which produced several smallmouth with some of the larger fish weighing just over a pound. Yamamoto grubs in "christmas" and hula grubs in black/silver flake were most productive. A few male fish were spotted guarding nests of black fry, but the spawn appears to be coming to an end. Catch rates probably averaged about 15 smallies per hour. Hope it helps! Ryno
[signature]
Thanks for the Report - so how big were the Koke's at jarvies averaging? The red headed lures seem to be producing the Koke's pretty well this year -- I have heard quite a few people recommend that color combo.

If you haven't tried the Cedar Plank BBQ Koke it's heavenly!!
[signature]
Sounds like a great time to me! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Not as big as uplake, but maybe 2-2.5 lbs. They're perfect for grilling though, especially alongside a couple of small lakers.

I've had some good catches using the pearl and greens or pearls and pinks also.

I haven't tried the cedar plank method, but I've wanted to. I use my boss's simple directions for grilling; wiped with butter, seasoned with garlic salt and lemon pepper, cooked 5 minutes a side, sprinkled with fresh lemon, and hot on the plate. It keeps the consumers coming back for more!
[signature]