Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pls suggest fishing spot
Where is the best place for fishing around atlanta area. I dont want to drive more than an hour within the dekalb. Anyone know it?

[Smile]
[signature]
First off welcome to the site Howie, there is alot of info on here hopefully you will find it usefull. Theres alot of good fishing around atl. Lake Lanier and Lake Altoona are both excellent but those are on the other side of town from you. My cousin knows an excellent pond in the fayetteville area. I fished there once several years ago and caught alot of bass up to 5lbs. Also you got the hooch nearby, it harbors all sorts of differant fish and you might even be lucky and be able to pull out some big brown trout. I think the state record was pulled out of there at around 18lbs. I'll do some research and try to find some spots for you. And if you want to try the pond in Fayetteville I can make some phone calls for you and try to get directions. Only bad thing about that pond was alot of copperheads.
Matt
[signature]
Thank you matt. I usually fished at a small pond around my office. There are a lot LM bass and crappies, but I was told the pond was contaminated with hospital waste many years ago. I just catch and release them. I hope I can find a place to catch and keep good and clean fish. Do you know any lake around atlanta with some extensive piers for fishing cause I don't have a boat . Thank you!
[Smile]
[signature]