Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle's afternoon delight
My boats in the shop, so we took Brent's and headed up to Jordanelle about 2 PM. Picked up Kendall along the way. So rub a dub dub...three men in a tub...or should I say Triton...

We sure didn't waste anytime, looking for a hook up and wanted to see just how many fish we could catch inside the wakeless bouys in the Rock Cliff arm. The action was hot and heavy from the minute we arrived with several doubles and even a few triple hook ups. No monster's there, but the majority of the fish were 14-17 + inches, so we considered that pretty respectable...

That brand new trolling motor decided to take a hiatus right in the middle of the evening about 7 PM. So we headed for the boat ramp with still a couple of good hours of sun left in the day...

Kendall and Brent figured we must have busted 70 fish, but I think it was closer to 60...

Kendall broke off probably the largest fish right at the boat, that looked to be around 20 inches, but then again, they're all monster's when they break off right at the boat...

[signature]
So the two say 70 and you say more like 60 then the real number is in the 30's right???!!![Wink]
TS
[signature]
They was trying to keep count but with the doubles and all lost count in the 40's not a bad day for a full moon.....

[signature]
Nice report and pics. Looks like some fast action.

Gulp minnows? [cool]
[signature]
That was one of the lures that was working, that and senk-o wacky rig with o-rings....
[signature]
Ah... I love fishing Senkos that way. Killer at Pineview and obviously at the nelle too. [cool]
[signature]
One thing I like to do if I can is take a new lure and work it in as clear of water as I can to see how it acts and what it will do when you work it different ways and the senk-o's are fun to fish with....

[signature]
Well Bassords, thanks to your reports I managed get motived and got out to the nelle Saturday. Might've gotten into some of the same fish you were catching Friday too! Took my float tube out to the 'Nelle Saturday afternoon and fished the northeastern bit of the Rock Cliff area where all the submerged brush is from about 6pm until 9pm. Drop shotted primarily w/ smoke roboworms and small red wacky rigged senkos. Caught a number of decent perch, one chub (I think, have never caught one before), and a number of smallies. Maybe 5 perch, all bigger than I have ever caught here in Utah. First chub ever (12" or so) and about 7-8 smallies (biggest around 17-18" maybe).

But what made the trip great was that there were a number of firsts. First time float tubing the 'Nelle. First time seriously drop shotting. First Chub ever (although I know this isn't what most would consider an 'accomplishment'[Tongue]). Biggest perch since I was a kid fishing in Minnesota. And with all those firsts, I still managed to have a fairly productive day and that is what turned it from a good to great trip.[cool]
[signature]
We fished some of those EXACT same spots that I see in your pictures on Thursday. A lot of that area is no deeper than 4 or 5 feet. I was surprised we didn't catch any trout. Did you all catch any browns or all bass? The no wake zone is a nice "escape" from the wakeboarders and jet skis.
[signature]
I'm glad I could help and any fish even chubs can be fun...

We did get a few trout but I can't remember if it was this trip or one of the others.....

A lot of times when I want to try for a brown or two I can get then from a few places up there...

[signature]