Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Report 6/30
Well we hit Mantua early this morning with the hopes of catching some.........ummmm........well anything that would bite since we hadn't been fishing in about 3 weeks. Third cast of the day Tommy hooks into a nice little bass, then a few casts' later I hooked into my little bass and it just got hotter. Between three of us we boated around 25 Largies, 15 perch, and 700 Trillion blue gill, so not a bad day on the lake that is for sure. Didnt weigh or measure any of the bigger bass, I would guess around 14"-15" was the biggest. Matt (in picture w/blue gill/sunfish) broke his rod reeling a "monster"[laugh] blue gill/sunfish in, literally snapped his pole in half, then accidentally (spell check) knocked the whole rod and reel overboard, so it was pretty comical!!! We had two HUGE monsters swim by the boat (see last photo's) but couldnt "lure" them into the boat!!! All in all another great day on the water!!!
TS
[signature]
I was also there this morning.
Was there a Bass Tournament going on?
The parking lot was full at 7:00am.
Lots of boats fishing the East side.
I also picked up way too many Gills, but finally found some nice Perch for dinner.
I only boated one Bass and lost 3 others at the boat, but I was just dropping a jig under the boat. I don't have any bass gear and don't even know where to start as to what to use.[HINT]
[signature]
Yes, the was a club running around like idiots this morning. It was a rat test. The best fish was only 17".

[signature]
How did you do sir Tomegun?
[signature]
I took the big fish pot with the 17" bass , tons on dinks just under 12" got all them but one off one of my lures I make and the other off a salt stick
[signature]
tommy why was i not aware of this tourney, you sir are dead to me
[signature]
Well we set out around 6:00 pm because we had a hot tip that between 7 and 9 you couldn't keep the bass off of toppers. Well that was BS. I caught 3 large mouth (forgot the camera) and a bluegill. My buddy Rogers only managed to pull in a bluegill. I caught all the bass on spinners. Wasted most the night using toppers. We are hitting Willard in the morning you up for it TS?
[signature]
Ahhhh.........so I assume you are one of those @$$holes that have no respect for a "REGULAR" fisherman huh??? Just because we dont have a 250 HP VMAX outboard means that we dont deserve the respect as any other fisherman when it comes to running by others at 200 MPH about 50 feet away huh??? Come a little closer and you may just find a 2 1/2 oz. trebble hook in your boat!!! You people dont own the lake, get over yourselfs, are you trying to compensate (spell check) for something with those big motors???
TS
[signature]
dude you have no clue about me.[mad] before you show how really dumb you are, maybe you need to look up people before u try to bash on them for something you dont know.
[signature]
Silly Ain'ts fan, you work saturdays.

[signature]
how did you do tommy?

cant beleive some people are crying cause someone has a nicer boat or something. i dont know the story but if some bass guy cut you off and now your crying about all of them then go fish somewhere else .geez
[signature]
I can care less if you are a Bass guy, a Trout guy, a Muskie guy, or even a Carp guy, you dont go running full speed past someone in your boat (20 feet away) PERIOD!!! It is called being RESPECTFUL!!! By the way, last time I checked you didnt need a nice boat to catch fish, just another example of someones (hmmmmm....cant think of who) stupidity I guess!!!
TS

P.S. I can expect it to happen from the skiers and jetskiers, but from fellow fisherman hmmmmm........something is wrong here!!!
[signature]
Hey TS are you sure it was nomoose? I've met him before and find it hard to imagein (sp) that he would do something like that. Keep in mind that I floated the same water as he was fishing.

I don't disagree that some fishermen have no respect for anyone else on the water. I deal with them all the time in a wakeless area. I just surprised at this ia all.
[signature]
WHen I replied to his post I said I ASSUME, so no I dont know who he is, but when he mentioned the Bass Tourney going on I ASSUMED he was in one of the 7-10 Bass Boats, in which 4 of those decided they wanted to get a CLOSER VIEW of my boat if you know what I mean. I was just refering to all of those that were doing it not singling him out (at least I didnt mean too) and I take your word that he wouldnt do something like that, but I wouldnt hang around someone that did something like that so if those were his buddies and I was in HIS shoes I would be reconsidering who I was friends with.
TS
[signature]
hmmmmmmmmm so who said a nicer boat makes you a better fisherman?
[signature]
Youre an idiot!!!
[signature]
He was probably was the guy with the 2 little kids without life jackets. If any of us came near him, it would be to give fishing lessons. The 8 us of went out of our way to be courteous toeveryone on the water. We even towed another boat back into the ramp. There was some real dum-basses out there on saturday. A danger to everyone including theirselves.

The fishing sucked. I caught alot of rats and perch. There is a ton of feed in there right now. Couple the amount of feed and the clear water, plus the fullmoon- We should of done this in the spring.

[signature]
[reply]
Youre an idiot!!! [/reply]

and your a crybaby why do you need a big motor whah whah whah, get over yourself, so what you got buzzed on the lake and decide to call out everyone and now your crying again ..i havent been on this board long but i can already tell who here is jealous of others
[signature]
Ummmmm......no I wasnt out there with two kids, and I do agree with you that there was some fools out there. Doesnt matter what boat I was in, just the fact that it happened 4 times (running past me at 200 MPH) is inconsiderate!!! It happened a couple times before you guys "grouped" up together!!!
TS
[signature]
tommy did mike fish it with you?
[signature]