Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade
Fished Cascade today for approx. 3 hours. Limited out on small rainbows and one big coho (17"). I have heard the coho were running 14" to 17". The coho was caught by a youngster on his first fishing trip. A 4" dodger with a wedding ring and a Jack Lloyd with wedding ring produced best at depths of 20'. A similar outfit on lead core went without a bite. The trout seemed to be quite thin and in questionable condition. When cleaning them the rib bones separated on every one of them. Do any of you know what causes this? Does it mean something re the condition of the fish? The flesh seemed softer than usual. Mike
[signature]
Im headed up there on tuesday-will fish some for three days.. I have my best luck this time of year with anything pink--flatfish,wedding ring etc.. I use a Dees flasher or a Double Dees and fish around 17 feet--I caught some of those 17 inch cohos a couple of weeks ago and they were in great shape but have not kept any rainbows yet. Good fishin! ><)))>
[signature]
Good luck to you. The coho are beauts, aren't they. Did you pick them up by Crown Point, or up towards the island? We never did get to Sugarloaf, but I had heard that that's where the coho fishing was best. Mike
[signature]
kodiak-I fished around the island-a little southwest of it.. The jetskis and other boats had the water really churning and fishing was not good///We fished 3 poles and one pole caught every fish--a pink and white kokannee killer with a red and silver Dees flasher. Picked up a couple of the 17 inch koho and 4 or 5 bows--a couple in the 15 inch range----water is getting real mossy and stinky! I think it will be October now before fishing is good again. ><)))>
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you're right about the end of the season at Cascade, and heck, it basically just started. I went fishing this morning at Lucky Peak, and caught some kokanee just as big as the Cascade coho. And shoot, it is a lot closer for me! By the way, every one of the big ones this morning were caught on a 4" dodger with a wedding ring, or pop gear with a pink kokanee killer. Both were tipped with shoepeg corn, of course. For more info, I will be posting a report on L.P. Mike
[signature]
Mike: The condition of the fish sounds like Henry's in mid-summer heat. Flesh is soft and not as firm as spring/fall. Maybe that's why it separates from the ribs?
Yesterday at Cascade (Round Valley) as we exited down the Payette canyon we had 112 degrees on the truck outside temp gauge. 108 all around the lake...[Sad][Tongue][Sad]
[signature]