Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum Bass and report from the Nelle and Mantua?
Has anyone been bass fishing at Hyrum lately? I was hoping to go there on Wednesday and do some fishing.
So anyways a buddy and I went to the Nelle on Friday night so we could be out on the lake early Saturday morning. We fished up in the no wake soon and had a pretty good day. Top water was working pretty good along the rock wall but nothing really to brag about. The first cast with a drop shot in the tree's I nailed a nice smallie and then another and another ect. The fishing was pretty good but I was really stoked to pull a nice Largemouth out of the same hole I was nailing smallies in. I'll post some picture's later when I get home. My partner and I actually got tired of doing the whole drop shot thing so we pulled up the trolling moter and kick down the merc and got out of there and fished by the dam. I caught four nice smaillies working the bank from the dam and trolling it north, but I missed more then I caught there. Then we got blown off the lake, pretty windy out in the open.
So yesterday the wife and I hit up Mantua early and the top water was working very well in the thick stuff. Started out with a rebel pop-r caught a few between 12 and 15 inch's then swithed to a white buzz bait and really woke them up. I missed a lot with the buzz bait reeling it in to fast but that's the only way to keep it out of the weeds. After the top water bit slowed down I was lost with what to do in that lake with all those dang weeds. When I was just about to leave I found a spot with some really deep weed humps and fished those with a jig and pork but they really didn't like that so I threw my six inch plastic worm out there and boom it was on for a couple hours just keeping the boat in the same 50X50 area working my worm in deep hole's. All in all I caught over twenty bass between 12 and 16 inch's and had a great time with the wife.
[signature]
Briefly fished it Saturday for a few hours waiting for Lee's to open Bass biting all over. We fished the shoreline, which is going down alot
[signature]

[signature]
Matt,
Let me know if you are still planning on going to Hyrum on Wed. I am going to go fishing either there, The Nelle, or Deer Creek. We should have a 4th of July fishing derby. What do you think? $10 a person, then we will come up with some sort of payout like biggest crill, fish, etc. Talk to Moe, Smith, Tommy, Rischar, Schoon and all the other fella's there in the shop and let me know what you think!!!
TS

P.S. Actually (Editing my post) the best place if you are looking for Bass is up in Idaho. Twin Lakes is a good spot!!! Let me know!!!
[signature]
Sounds fun, gotta love top water action.

Anyhow, I'm heading up to Logan after work (today) for the 4th and plan to stop by Mantua with my tube. Is there an area any of you would recommend putting in? It seems like acces to all parts of the lake are limited and others have a lot of shrubs on shore.. Thanks![Wink]
[signature]
Don't bother fishing the banks, theirs just to many weeds. Go left from the boat ramp and look for deeper water with less weeds and you should do good.
[signature]