Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
back from a great vacation
just checkin in on the utah forum let everyone know im back from arizona. have to cordially thank tube dube for a excellent time. the fishing was a bit slow but did pick up a few. and had a chance to fish new waters which for me is better than catching fish sometimes, or at least i tell myself that when it is slow haha. thanks tube for some great fishing outings.
[signature]
[cool]Arizona thanks you for bringing in a big rainstorm on your arrival, however us fisherfolks are a mite perturbed that it interrupted the "spring fling" that was just getting started down here for all the fishies. And, just to make you feel bad, about the time you were headed back toward Utah, everything picked up again. Had a good day Saturday.

Here's a pic of Mr. X's first yellow bass...a cousin of the white bass and half cousin to the wiper. (Notice the short sleeves...and no ice auger)
[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage128425.jpg]

Here's Patagonia Lake, below Tucson. Kicks out some 3 pound crappies, but not on Xman's trip. Pretty lake though. That's why I made sure X's face was in the shade, so as not to detract from the scenery.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage1303808.jpg]

The best fisherman on the lake...a heron. Always a good wildlife show around the little lakes in Arizona...especially during bikini season.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage1295153.jpg]
[signature]
nice hat x-man!

sm
[signature]
Tube Dude,

What's the trick for posting multiple pictures within the same post?.
[signature]
I have the same hat that has "Here fishy, fishy" on it.

Had to edit to say Welcome back guys! Looks like you got warm and wet. Other than a few fish, what else can you ask for?
[signature]
[cool]It's kinda like the old boy that went to the state fair, and saw a trombone player on the bandstand...first one he'd ever seen. He watched that trombone player working the slide in and out, and finally said "There's gotta be a trick to it. He ain't really swallerin' it."

There's two ways to get the job done. First, you can do it one pic at a time, by going to your website, where you have the pics uploaded, and then clicking on copy...then closing out that website...then opening up BFT and going to your original post...then clicking on the "edit" button up on the top right of your post and waiting for the edit screen. Position the cursor below the last pic...write in anything you want...right click and choose "paste" from the menu...and your second pic will appear. THAT'S THE MORE TIME CONSUMING WAY...copy, edit, paste.

If you have several pics (as I have observed you are prone to do), then you should keep two URL's open simultaneously...BFT Utah and your website with the pics...and "toggle" back and forth. Copy...paste...copy...paste...until you have the pics you want. You can edit your own posts, but unless you are a moderator, you can't change anyone else's.

It takes a bit of knowledge and computer savvy to get used to opening more than one URL without losing the other one. Check your help section or have a "computer nerd" friend show you how. But, if you need to work back and forth between a couple of sites, it beats the heck out of closing down and opening up new ones. I think most computers will allow you to keep up to three different sites open...some might allow more.

PS...it's another one of those things you learn by doing, and dazzle those around you...when last week you didn't even know how to post a pic. And watch closely. Not once do your fingers leave your hand.
[signature]
Computer nerd here,
"Network Admin for the State"

If you are using Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 or higher, click on Tools, then Internet Options, then go to the Advanced tab. As you look down the list of items, you will see "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts". If you remove the check from this box, it will make it a lot easier to have multiple Explorers open. You can just click any shortcut as many times as you want and it will open new windows instead of taking over the one already open. Another quick tip. Keyboard shortcut. Ctrl-C is copy and Ctrl-V is paste. Hope it helps.
[signature]
Nice pics , I didn't think there was any water down by Tucson . My Mom lives there , if I ever make it down there I would like to find that water hole . I only make it down there around christmas if I go .Maybe I could bring my ice auger . HE HE !!!!!!! Welcome back XMAN !!!!!!
[signature]
It is good to have you back with us, Xman. Just how far south did you go? My Daughter and Son-in-Law live near Fort Huachuca, on one of my visits they took my to a nice little bass lake. Our fishing was kinda slow, till I started picking up these little frogs that were there and threading them on my hook and casting them out. The Bass seemed to really like them. I don't remember the name of the lake. But I do know it was south of Tucson. Oh, let me take this opportunity to say: Hi Tube Dude.
[signature]
[cool]Howdy Bryan. I'm guessing you fished Parker Canyon Lake. It does have some great bass, and recently has developed a growing population of (illegally introduced) northerns.

There are also some great sunfish, up to 2 lbs, and great catfish. They stock it with trout during the cooler months and much of the angling is for hatchery pets. The savvy bassers almost have the lake to themselves On our first trip there, my wife caught a 9.5 pound channel cat on a tiny bait bug she was casting for bluegills in about 8 feet of water.

That's the closest lake to Huachuca. Patagonia Lake is just 10 miles from Nogales, a port of entry into Mexico. On the day Xman and I went down there...shortly after the commencement of Iraqi Freedom...we saw more police cars, border patrol and other official vehicles cruising the highways and biways than I have ever seen. A friend from my office came across the Mexican border last Monday and said there was a line of over 200 trucks waiting to be "processed" for entry into the U.S.

For those who don't know it, Ft. Huachuca is the home of the Signal units of the armed forces...responsible for communications. The town of Sierra Vista, supported by Ft. Huachuca, is just about a ghost town right now. Let's hope, for everyone's sake, that their troops will not be needed in Iraq for very long and they will all return safe.
[signature]
heres a picture of the sunfish i caught in patagonia. the biggest panfish i have ever hooked into. i thought it was a bluegill at first since im not a panfisherman expert. after several looks i believe its a sunny now. what kind of sunny im not sure but i think a green. this is a pic test hope it works.

[url "http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MOCK3220/PageAlbummore+picsPageNumber2Pic18Fullview.htm"][/url]
[url "http://preview.ecomplanet.com/myphotoalbum/album.asp?display=PageAlbum&action=FullView&Pic=18&did=MOCK3220&PageNumber=2&Title=more+pics"][Image: MOCK3220CustomImage040463.jpg][/url]
[signature]
holy cow how do i adjust the picture size before pasting it? sorry for the huge pic everyone. i dont know how to change the pixels on it yet.
[signature]
Yeah Yeah , you just wanted the fish to look big .. Welcome back He He !! nice fish there X .
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]Xman, you can either change the size on a photo program before you upload them or you can edit them on the site that is hosting your picture if it has a program for it. Do you have a BFT site or another site hosting it?[/size][/#0000a0][/font]
[signature]
its a bft website. on first appearance it showed a thumbnail when i pasted it once it posted it was full size though. not sure what to do.
[signature]
If I remember right you have to to edit before you post it on you're BFT site . It has a scale to reduce it . Just hit the edit .
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]Go to your web office and click on add/edit images then click on edit studio above the picture and then click on resize image/ 400 pixels wide[/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]This may automatically reduce the size, but if not just edit your post and remove that picture and insert the picture again.[/size][/#0000a0][/font]
[signature]
thanks hopper that looks much better
[signature]
Hey X , next time try preview post and it will show you how it will look before you post it .Might save a trip to the editing post . It can be time consuming trying to post a pic from this 2 finger typer and when you find the pic is big its back to the other site for editing . Lot of fun we have here !!!! Good Luck and tight lines
that more like it !!!!!
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]Just curious, did you have to remove the big one and redo it or did editing it take care of the problem.[/size][/#0000a0][/font]
[signature]