Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Bass
The plan was to hit up hyrum for the 4th but I figured no matter where I went the water skier's would chace us off the lake early so I decieded to take the free fishing route and hit up Mantua again. Fishing was better then last Sunday even thought it started out slow. We started out throwing buzz baits with little effect so I tied on my Rebel Pop-R and started killing them. There's nothing more exciting to me then watching a Largemouth jump completely out of the water and try to grap your lure. After the top water bite stopped we went deep again looking for a drop off that's should be holding a ten pounders in that lake. We didn't find the big one again but we did find a lot of his brothers the biggest going 16. All together my fishing partner and I boated around 50-60 bass in 8 hours, not a bad day on the lake at all.
Okay, now I am going to ask for a little help with Utah Lake. I've never fished it before but I hear it's has some big bass in it so the wife and I want to go this weekend. Doesn't any one have any tips or suggestions on where to find the largemouths in that lake? Thanks matt
[signature]
Nice pics and report. I really like that little lake, although I just have a float tube I enjoy the fishing there. As for Utah I have no clue. I have fished it once in my life, but there are several here that fish it regularly and should be able to help.
[signature]
I have a buddy that fishes Utah Lake for LMB, I have never been to his secret spot, but I do know that it's by the state park entrace. The Provo empties into Utah lake there and he seems to do real well there. Sorry can't be more help. Tubedude knows Utah Lake pretty well, same for Utbass, I'm sure others can chime in too.
[signature]
Hey Merrel welcome to the board. I here you got a pretty nice boat. At least you had some luck at mantua. I was up there last Sat and only caught 3 bass and a bluegill. Not one on a topper.

VD
[signature]
Were the water skiers out in force? I may stop there this weekend but I don't to deal with the power squadron.
[signature]