Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Pressure Gauge For Float Tubes
I was at Bob Marriott's fly fishing store in Anaheim, CA yesterday. I was looking for an spare air valve adapter for my Fat Cat, I came across this pressure gauge from K-pump. Any of you use this?

http://bobmarriotts.net/detail.aspx?ID=36801

What is the ideal pressure for the Fat Cat?
[signature]
Nope I just go by good old fashion feeling on the tube. I just use a pc of tubing that fits into the valve and it works great, no special attachments.
[signature]
I don't use an air gauge either, never needed one. Just squeeze the tube, if it takes a fair amount of pressure to do this then it must be good. Get to know your tube and save the $32.+ for some other gear. Plus that would buy a nice pump to carry with you[Wink]
[signature]
Your best pressure for the Fat Cat is to inflate it until it is firm. Be sure to adjust on cold days after letting the tube sit in the water for about 5 minutes.

On hot days you will need to relieve some pressure after the water warms up.

Just in case you are looking for a referance number, it is 5psi. You are always better to go by feel. Inflate it once to the 5psi, feel the firmness and memorize it. That will save you the 32 buck for buying a pressure gauge.[cool]
[signature]