Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's been a while...
Well, it's sure been a while since I've posted on this site at all, but I am back. It looks like I've finally got settled into a position where I have time for these kind of things now. As some of you may know, I just recently got married back in February, and we didn't have the internet for the first while there. Anyways, I'm back into the swing of things now. I also just moved up here to Orem, UT, from St. George. My wife was kind of homesick and she wanted to go to school up here. I guess we'll live here for a while before we head off out of state to Texas or something so I can finally make it big in the bass fishing world. Which brings me to the fact that I am one step closer...I am no longer confined to the float tube. Don't worry though, I've still got them in the garage and I'm sure my wife and I will take them out when we don't feel like baking in the sun on the boat.
I enjoyed my time down in southern utah and was able to do some definite damage on the lakes down there and caught several 6lb largies on Quail and Gunlock before making the move up here. Now it's time to do some damage back out on Utah Lake. I went to Deer Creek the other day because I've had an itch for some smallies lately. Did all right for smallies...caught a pair of nice 2lbers...but apparently I've been fishing for largemouths too long because I caught 20+ largemouths all in the 1-2lb range...and only two smallmouths? I remember Deer Creek being a smallie lake...haha...whatever...good to be back for a while...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Bro, good to hear from ya. Congratulations (or sympathies) on getting married. Wish you two all the best.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Yep, there are still plenty of largies in Deer Creek, and a surprising number showing up in Jordanelle. Some good sized ones too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you haven't checked out Utah Lake yet, you will be amazed at all of the shoreline cover since the lake came up two years ago. Lots of cover for bass and their favorite fodder. Quite a few small ones showing up this year, which indicates they have been taking advantage of the improved spawning conditions.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]What kind of boat do you have?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yeah, I haven't been to check out Utah Lake since I've been back from even my mission at all, so that makes me pretty excited to hear about the water levels and all the shoreline cover and such. I was a little worried actually to see what the water levels were like down there. I'm planning on heading out there tomorrow morning, so we'll see what I stir up.
As for the boat...I've got a 20ft stratos...so far it's served me pretty well...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you go to Lindon, be prepared for some changes. Geneva Steel has been torn down, and there is a new power plant there. They have also done a lot of work on the dikes around the harbor, and have removed a lot of the brushy structure along the shoreline. There are also REAL toilets now. Hail progress.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you go north out of the harbor you will have a tough time trying to find the mouth of Battle Creek. It has just about disappeared behind the reeds and cattails. But, I hear tell that there are some green fish in the vacinity. I think you will like the looks of the NEW Utah Lake.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Wow, yeah, I've actually been debating on whether I want to launch from lindon or AF tomorrow. I think that I will probably go to AF though, and start off in there. I will most definitely make a stop at Lindon though at one point in the day to check out what's changed. That sounds pretty exciting. I'll make a post on the utah board or something about how tomorrow turns out. I'm going to head out at the crack of dawn in hopes of getting a few good topwater fish before it gets too hot...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]With all of the baby white bass and carplets in the vegetation, small poppers have been producing early and late. Even heard tell of a couple of white bass boils. Also heard tell of a buzzbait bite.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
posted this report on the utah board...

[black]Just got back from fishing on Utah Lake for largemouths this morning. It was the first time since I've been on that lake in probably 4-5 years. That place has CHANGED!! But hey, I can still catch 'em. Started off fishing in AF boat harbor. Ended up catching four bass up to 3.5lbs, and also five catfish. Not that I was trying to catch catfish, but there was one section of the bank that was just loaded with big cats. I probably could've sat there and caught big cats all day, but I wanted bass. The cats ate anything that moved in the water...chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, senkos, hula grubs, and brush hogs. They just wouldn't quit. Biggest one was about 8lbs. All four bass were caught on a hula grub though. After that made a run to the mouth of the Jordan River. Didn't stay there too long, but stuck 2 bass about 14" each on a lipless crank. After that made a run to my summer time hot spot as the sun was getting pretty high and hot...but it seems as though it's still just a little too early on in the summer for them to move in there yet. After that finished off fishing in the Provo boat harbor where I caught one bass about 1.5lbs on a senko, and then another one the same size on a hula grub. Called it quits after that...
[/black]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Ya still got it Kid.[/#0000ff]
[signature]