Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Bass...July 9
Just got back from fishing on Utah Lake for largemouths this morning. It was the first time since I've been on that lake in probably 4-5 years. That place has CHANGED!! But hey, I can still catch 'em. Started off fishing in AF boat harbor. Ended up catching four bass up to 3.5lbs, and also five catfish. Not that I was trying to catch catfish, but there was one section of the bank that was just loaded with big cats. I probably could've sat there and caught big cats all day, but I wanted bass. The cats ate anything that moved in the water...chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, senkos, hula grubs, and brush hogs. They just wouldn't quit. Biggest one was about 8lbs. All four bass were caught on a hula grub though. After that made a run to the mouth of the Jordan River. Didn't stay there too long, but stuck 2 bass about 14" each on a lipless crank. After that made a run to my summer time hot spot as the sun was getting pretty high and hot...but it seems as though it's still just a little too early on in the summer for them to move in there yet. After that finished off fishing in the Provo boat harbor where I caught one bass about 1.5lbs on a senko, and then another one the same size on a hula grub. Called it quits after that...
[signature]