Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua on Monday 7/09
My sister was up from Calif. for a visit so I took her and my boy to Mantua.Bluegill fishing was great along with some perch.Fished in 18' of water with 1/16 oz. jigheads with 1-1/2" berkeley gulp jiggin' grubs in pearl white. No worms were reqd. as they really macked down these little tails.They are not plastic but some kind of protein material, I think.The fish would grab it and not let go.Kept 42 hand size or bigger gills and some perch.Let go probably 50 more.Had a great fish fry for 7 people.We were off the lake at 9:00 a.m.
[signature]
Way to go, that is a nice mess o-fish you have there. I was up there last thur and was wackin some of those babies. I really enjoy catching bluegill on light tackle.
[signature]
Glad to see some fish being kept. Those gills make for a tasty meal. I fished it on sat and we tipped our tubes with worms or perch. Looks like we could have just used berkley gulp. Good info thanks!
[signature]
that's a good looking fish fry right there. Just wondering if that type of fishing would be avalable from the shore or more likely a float tube if we didn't have a boat? And were would you suggest fishing from a float tube? thanks
[signature]