Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not a float tube but....
I posted this in the UT boats and motors section as well, but since I usually fish by pontoon and since it turned out so well i am excited as heck I figured I would post it here too :

Well, here she is. I built her out of plywood, a little fiberglass and lots of epoxy. Built her from plans out of a book by Jim Michalik, he builds all kinds of boats. I have taken her out on UL twice now, just with oars - haven't got her licensed yet. She handles extremely well, I can row her faster and more acurately than my TU colorado pontoon using the same oars. My little girl loves it, couldn't keep her out of it while it was in the garage being built.
Shes 15 feet 6 inches long, 54 " beam, 17 inch sides. Drafts about 6 inches with over 500 pounds loaded up (Me, Majja, My little girl and all our gear). Can't wait to get her licensed and try out the little motor I got.
[signature]
That is really nice there Luke72. Don't be fooled by the title of the forum. It is for Tubes, Toons, Canoes, yaks (now on their own) and and Handy Craft that is Hand crafted. We do exclude the floating bath tubs.

That is a fine piece of work that you made there. As long as it catches fish and it floats, bring it over here.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you can sit on the bow or stern, and kick it along with fins, it is legal to post here.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nice job.[/#0000ff]
[signature]