Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting note
Hey everyone I fished Lake Perris today in the tube. Man Tubedude you were right, the Fat Cat is the best. I love this tube. So anyway, im out on the water near the dam, the fishing is incredibly slow, and im throwing a 9" generic trout. Then i noticed it. The eyes. Im looking down, and theres huge bass swimming around my fins!!! Now im not talking about 3 -4 lb bass, im talking about 10lb monsters!!! I realized that the fish are not spooked at all with the tubes. I also realized why the bite was so slow - the spawn was happing right under me. I watched about a 8lb male, and a 10lb female do the dance underwater.I can pretty much gage the size, as my largest bass ever was 15.8 lbs. I figured this - they aint biting because, just like humans, when your having sex, the last thing you want to do is eat. But nonetheless, the abilities of the tube are still blowing my mind. I love this thing!!!
[signature]
[cool]And another unpaid testimonial, ladies and gentlemen. Sounds like a great experience.

When fishing waters clear enough to see what's going on beneath you, it is not uncommon to look down into a wall of eyes. I have had this with a variety of species on the same lake. On one occasion there were literally a hundred or more fish...sunfish, crappies and small largemouths all looking up at me and my craft. I had a fleeting thought that maybe they were saying something like "Okay guys...on three, we pull him under."

Yep, bass are catchable pre spawn and post spawn, but during the actual act they are motivated more by their hormones. Kinda like trying to get a couple of teenagers to break up a back seat clinch to eat an asparagus souffle.
[signature]
[cool]Just had a verbal report from an Arizona angler who witnessed the same thing today up at Canyon Lake, outside of Phoenix. The length of daylight hours, the recent full moon and the rising temps have all combined to put the bass on the beds.
[signature]
Just like teenagers, bass worldwide are having the spring fling. Maybe in a couple of weeks the bite will pick up. Bass are just like people = After sex, its time for some grub!

Man i just cant get over how much i love using the tube, Im really looking forward to getting out as much as i can this year. Except unlike today, i will catch fish!
[signature]
[cool]Glad your Fat Cat is treating you well and that you are enjoying our funky little perversion so much. I got in a couple more excursions last week, while Xman was down in Arizona, visiting from his home state of Utah. Xman is the moderator of the Fishing Conservation board on BFT, and he holds several Utah state catch and release records.

He literally "blew" into town on the 18th, in the middle of a heavy rainstorm. It lasted two days and it took another couple of days for the water and the fish to begin to settle down. We hit Saguaro Lake one day and Patagonia Lake (below Tucson) the next. Catching wasn't very good, but the fishing is always good...especially with good company.

I have finally come to truly appreciate all of the refinements on the Super Fat Cat. I have even got the balance of air pressure and strap adjustments worked out so the seat is comfortable for me. Took a couple of trips to get it set up right. It is really a nice fishing machine.

Hey, JAM, are you ready to get the sonar on your kitty yet? Let me know when and if you need any technical stupidvision.
[signature]