Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Fishing Day in Wyoming
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]For those of you who fish in Wyoming this may be good news. Wyoming Game and fish Dept. is implementing a free fishing day. They haven't settled on a date yet, thier meeting is planned for late april to decide when. I will post a date when it is announced. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]
[signature]
Thanks P. Hopper. I think it is important to let people know about Wyoming's piss poor tresspass law. You must know where you are fishing at all times. Land owners are not required to do anything to let you know that the land is private. Therefore do not fish on any streams that are not positively identified as public land. Might save some of you a fat tresspass ticket.
[signature]
[Smile]That sounds great I just hope it isn't the same day as the Idaho free fishing day.I fish both of these states as much as I can and Its always nice to have a free fishing day to use to my advantage.
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]Sounds like you or someone you know got nailed, I have never had a problem. I am interested in knowing where you had a problem with this so I can watch myself. I know there are a lot of stingy landowners on the Green River below Pinedale. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]Wyoming does have a walk in program that allows walk in access to some areas without having to ask for permission. Here is a link with more information. [/size][/#0000a0][/font]

[url "http://gf.state.wy.us/wildlife/access/plpw/fishingwalk/fishing.asp"][font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]http://gf.state.wy.us/wildlife/access/plpw/fishingwalk/fishing.asp[/size][/#0000a0][/font][/url]
[signature]
I actually got a stern warning from a conservation officer while fishing near Manilla, I think it's the Henry's Fork?? We drove up and down the main highway, didn't see any signs anywhere, so we jumped in the river. About 2 hours later a nice officer tromped through the trees and gave us an earfull. I'm grateful that he didn't ticket me, as he sure could have. I'm not sure if the proclamation has changed, but a few years ago, it had no tresspass info in it. Oh well. Taught me a good lesson. The fishing wan't very good anyways.
[signature]