Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Lake Assortment
We headed down to Yuba this morning. Hit the water at 6 and headed to the North side of the lake and started to troll and we only had our lures out 5 minutes and Nancy thought she was stuck and the bottom and then it started to move 10 minutes later in comes a Northern 36'' no weight. We trolled and bottom bounced and all fish species were cooperating good. Tally 1 Rainbow, 1 Northern Pike, 1 Walleye and many many perch all healthy and fat. Had lots of short hits. Wind was blowin from the get go. Only fished for 4 hours. All fish released to spawn and fight another day.
[signature]
nice report Jim. nice pike and walleye, how long was the walleye?
[signature]
25'' let her go to spawn again. This fish fought hard.
[signature]
nice dude.. ya got to love them big pike!! [sly]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report and nice pics. Looks like you got both the fishin' and the photo thing dialed in now.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sorry I missed out.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice pics of some cool fish. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Way to go you two! Nice report and great looking fish. Hey you guys looked OK too but the fish were great!! [sly]
[signature]
Nice eyes Mactuna. They are beautiful.
[signature]
Great fish but next time have the lady hold all the fish, she makes all look better...[Wink]

[signature]
Now that you mention it... he does have nice eyes... [Tongue]

Nice walleyes too! [angelic]
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Nice fishies Mactuna![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Very nice walleye and pike, sounds like yuba is on the road back, now if the numbers would start coming up, it will be the lake that we knew years ago. Did you have any problem with the water skiers? Thanks for posting your report Mactuna. WH2
[signature]
No the wind keep them off, it got us off at 11 couln't troll at the right speed and was pushing us off course
[signature]
Great report and nice pictures. I friend of mine went fishing at Yuba last Thursday and Friday. He and other fishing buddies caught a lot of perch and some trout, but couldn't get a walleye to bite. They also reported that they didn't see anyone else catching walleye. I was surprised by their lack of success. I was beginning to think that the hipe about the good walleye fishing on TV may not be accurate. Your report offers some more hope. I am "dying" to get down there myself to fish for the walleye.
[signature]
They were all over the brush areas in 15' to 20', many short bites. The abundance of all the perch probably doesn't do to good for their appetite.
[signature]
nice pike and walleye, have to go try for the toothy torpedos soon.
[signature]
There all over.
[signature]
Great looking fish. Looks like you had a great time. Need to get down there and look for some northerns.
[signature]
Congrats you 2 have done what many have tried to do this year and failed miserably!! [Wink] Too bad the wind was bad but then again thats what walleyes love. You should have trolled cranks in the wind. Did ya bottom bounce with any worms?
[signature]
Bottom bounced and trolled lures.
[signature]