Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Georgia members out of town or dead?
Geez, where is everybody?! Eight days since anyone's posted here! I guess y'all are spending all your time out on the water. And here I was, hoping to find some tips for fishing Sinclair in the summertime!
[signature]
Sorry, Ive been preoccupied with the female of the species [Wink] When do you want to hit up sinclair? We can get jimflash and maybe a few others and make a trip out of it. I cant this coming weekend but the weekend after that Im open. Whoevers in just tell us, I think that would be an excellent way of bringing our middle georgia members together. Maybe even have a bbq at the end of the day? I'd love to see something like this turn out since the ga/sc trip went kaput.

Matt
[signature]
I'm going out to Sinclair this evening if we don't get a storm. It would be fun to have a get-together on Sinclair, but the weekend of the 28th/29th is bad for me, I have to go up to Maryland to take care of some business. (Maybe catch a few smallmouth, too!)
Other than that, I'm good. A Sunday might be better for me, my band plays in Wrightsville every Saturday night, I have to leave Milledgeville by 6:30.
Keep in touch, let's do it!
[signature]
I've never fished Sinclair but I've heard guys talking about "fishing docks" for Crappie? I got sorta excited about tryin that... I even went out and bought an ultralight and some jigs... one day I'll use em I guess.
Fendercaster: I should've known you were musically inclined with a forum name like that. I believe I have seen some of your posts on GON too... am I right? What type music does your band play? I use to be in a band many years ago... in fact one of the highlights of my younger days was getting the opportunity to strum a few licks on one of Duane Allman's Gibsons... man that was a long time ago... and quite a thrill. Oh well...maybe we can wet a hook sometime and I can tell ya about it.

Fishing Fanatic
[signature]
Im sure thats jimflash you saw talking about the crappie fishing on sinclair. He's the local sinclair crappie expert, but theyve gone deep and are really hard to catch right now. I caught about 20 shellcracker off jims dock on the 4th though. Just as good as crappie imo.
[signature]
Hey, Fishing Fanatic -
Yes, I post on the GON forum also, I'm Fendercaster pretty much everywhere....fishing forums, music forums, whatever.
I play in two bands, both country/classic rock, a few oldies and some southern rock. The Allman Brothers are one of my favorites, I can imagine the thrill of playing one of Duane's guitars! I've never seen the ABB live, now that I live in their territory, maybe I'll get a chance.
Anytime you want to get together and do some fishing, let me know. I've only been in Georgia for six months, so I don't really know Sinclair that well. Most of my fishing so far has been for bass and catfish. The last time I went crappie fishing was 30+ years ago in Texas, while I was in the Air Force. I know Sinclair is loaded with them, I'll have to give them a try.
Get in touch sometime, let's go get 'em!
Scott
[signature]
Hey Fendercaster...
You got me beat... I've never even been to Sinclair. I fish the Flint, Ocmulgee (not to far from you probably) and Oconee rivers for Largemouth and Shoal Bass. But I would love to do some Crappie fishing sometime. Sounds like we may have a lot in common. Classic Southern Rock is what I grew up on. I lived and breathed it man... I've seen most all the old groups from the 70's and played most of their music years ago. I still enjoy listening to it. Good times....
Back to fishing though... I'm pretty much Catch & Release, especially Shoal Bass because I believe they are in danger. The species is so rare (only found in FL, GA and AL) I would hate to see it become extinct. GA needs to put some type of special limit on them before its too late. But now catfish ... I love a good plate of it. Theres a great Catfish Restaurant over in Thomaston called Riverbend (right on the Flint River)... served family style (all you can eat) best dang catfish I have ever had the pleasure to eat. You should try it. Well... I've rambled on to much... let's wet a hook sometime...

Ron (AKA Fishing Fanatic)
[signature]
I work with a guy that was the drummer for stillwater, loosechange and a few other bands. He's good friends with Chris Hicks and all those guys. Maybe we could all get together and I could listen to yall jam. I cant hardly play a lick.
[signature]
One more thing, if we do get together for at sinclair or something I have 2 bigfish hats left. The nice $20 hats and since yall are the most active on the board they are yours for the taking along with all the stickers you want.
[signature]
Sounds like a plan! Like I said, I have to go to Maryland next weekend, but any other weekend is good. Maybe we can get some others to join us.
Save me a hat!
Scott
[signature]
I'm headed to fish some saltwater this weekend down in Jacksonville, FL. I'd like to plan something for August sometime. Save me that hat Matt... [Wink]
[signature]
Im sure Jim (jimflash) will want to go and I bet Ron (fishingfanatic) might too. So that would make 4, next weekends going to be bad for me too. But Im sure we'll get something figured out, and I got a hat for you for sure.

Matt
[signature]