Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chesterfield results-one fun day on the water
i'm not to good at posting pictures. better at taking them, we had a great day at chesterfield, kept our limit for dinner and let go boatside at least 20 others. got into em good over by the dam trolling away from it in about the middle, used pop gear trailed with a wedding ring tipped with worm. Great day overall.
[signature]
Nice report Lisa, how deep is the water at Chesterfield this year? How big were the trout? Thanks for posting your report. WH2
[signature]
well the deepest water i got on my fish finder was around 26-28 ft over by the dam, the lake side opposite of the dam was all pretty shallow about 5-10 ft in some spots and the moss was really tall off the bottom in some places 5ft tall so like i said i think the fish were all laying down in the moss waiting for something interesting to pass by cause they were not showing up on my finder. the shores were mossy and i wouldnt recommend shore fishing but some were doing it and i think the other side is better than the side with the road on it. can you tell i dont know which side was north or south, hell i'm from utah remember i always have to think really hard on other lakes that i dont fish alot to figure out which is what direction but the fish were biting so we didnt bother to much with all that. have a great day and happy fishin!
[signature]
How deep were you dropping your pop gear? Flat lining, weight or down rigger?
[signature]
heard the lake is going on salvage. the water is going fast I don't know if they have a date planned but it was in the news last week. so we'll have to wait a few more years and hopefully some winter snowpack and summer rains to get some fishing in the future
[signature]
if i remember correctly we were out about 25-30yds with leaded line and a 1/2oz wt in front of the pop gear. had to be careful and feel for the weeds hitting my ring and would reel up a little, i wanted to be right above the weeds.

what exactly does that mean, salvage the lake?
[signature]
Thanks slayr.
[signature]
Salvage is the lake will probably be emptied so if you have a license you can take as many fish as you can take home the fish will more than likely die so the FG let people take as much as they want
[signature]