Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surrounded by clouds at willard last evening
well i finally got my brother in my boat, there is a story behing that comment, i have tried to take my brother fishing twice before and the first time we hit black ice and wrecked the truck then the second time i was going to take him to willard and i lost my fish finder so we cancelled cause i wasnt going without it to willard,ok so last night i get him and my nephew in the boat we get on the water oh sometime after 6 or a little before. the clouds are looking too good but the water was looking great, no W (yippee). so we hook up our poles and get out about a 1/4 of the way heading west out of the north dock, then turned to the island, got a couple of light bites on mine but nothing for the other two. then we turn back north west after getting to the island, i'm trolling anywhere from 2.5 to 3.5mph and doing my faithful S turns and WAM i got one on, it was a wiper not too big but fun, probably about 15in, i'll post the pic later from home, i'm at work right now and dont have access to my pic, well actually i still got to download it to the PC, soooo anyway i get mine in the boat and we start trolling somemore and eric (nephew) is getting bites i'm assuming or maybe he was having small seizures, but he kept yanking on his pole trying to hook something other than weeds, well he got lucky on one his seizures and hooked onto something, i say something cause he is enjoying the fight, I think it was his first wiper fight, it was fun watching him, he was all excited and weak in the knees, well i'm waiting patiently with the net and he gets it to the boat probably 3ft from us and all of a sudden he has a lure flying at him, we didnt even get to see the fish cause the color of the water is really brown but he enjoyed the fight and the next words out of his mouth after all the dirty ones were ok what are we waiting for lets go again, lol. my brother Sad to say didnt get even one hook up, i dont know if he will go with me again but i bet he does. The clouds had us surrounded by this time, got pics of them too. tried to get pics of the lightening but didnt work, anyway got to close for my comfort in my 15ft aluminum with a 7.5 mercury on it. We never even made it all the way to the west side, didnt want to get to far from safety all though my brother and nephew were never too worried or at least didnt show it. The wiper went home with my brother for dinner in the form of 2 very nice fillets. All in all it was ok for about 1 1/2 of fishing. My first wiper of this year, havent been fishin willard at all but i'm going back now on thursday after work, just had to remind me what those wipers feel like. The water temp said 84 on my fish finder. I got my wiper in about 8ft of water, really didnt see any deeper water other than 9ft when we were heading in but didnt get to go around the whole lake either. Not too many boats or crazies should i say, probably about oh maybe 6 trailers in the north marina and only one boat was pulling around a human skeeter. Thursday suppose to be better weather so hopefully will be able to put in more time. Happy Fishin!
[signature]
[reply]
... tried to get pics of the lightening but didnt work ... [/reply]
[font "Gill Sans MT"][#002850][size 3]Dude, you got some coconuts to be out there taking pics of lightning. But good on ya for hooking into some wipers.[/size][/#002850][/font]
[signature]
i'm ok with dude but my coconuts are higher than yours honey, and if the water wasnt so nice i wouldnt of dared but i had two men with large coconuts with me maybe that is where i was drawing my strenght from. lmao sorry i couldnt refuse!
[signature]
That's some funny stuff right there. You'll have to excuse Coot, his eyes (and cocnuts) aren't as good as they used to be.[Wink]
[signature]
ROFLMFAO [laugh] Nice comeback trowtslayr.

The lightning thing reminded me of an old post of WalleyeBob's. I LMFAO when I read it the first time and again when I read it moments ago, so I've pasted it below. Here's what NOT to do when you your on the lake and lightning starts popping. I seriously considered putting WalleyeBob in for the Darwin Award that year but nobody died and nobody got hurt so I couldn't.

From WalleyBob's post of June 21, 2004:

[#4040ff]We were fishing Starvation Saturday and a big gray cloud came over. Everything in the boat started throwing static sparks. I lifted my rod to cast and it started buzzing and felt like I was holding onto a spark plug wire. Casted a 1/8 oz jig and when the jig finally came down and hit the water, the line stayed twenty feet in the air. It just hung there. Had to stick the rod tip in the water to pull the line out of the air. Dangerous,,yes,, but way too cool to not do it again.[/#4040ff]

[#4040ff]Brad hid in the bottom of the boat. I couldn't stop lifting my rod tip and listening to it buzz. Learned to cast by holding the cork so it wouldn't shock me too bad.[/#4040ff]
[#4040ff]
That line, just hanging in the air is really weird. I'll bet if you had a 1/64 oz jig, it wouldn't even land in the water. It would just hang in mid air. Didn't have time to test that theory before the cloud moved on.[/#4040ff]

[#4040ff]Sounded like a rattlesnake was in the boat the whole time. All those graphite rods throwing static sparks to the side of the boat.
Anyway, I know it was a dumb trick, but it was interesting. Don't try this at home!![/#4040ff]
[#4040ff][/#4040ff]
[signature]
thanks for the old post, that was interesting. i guess our coconuts werent that big after all.(thank goodness) lol
[signature]
trowtslayr,

Rarely does the written word make me laugh out loud as much as your reply to Coot. I still am having a hard time seeing the CRT for the water in my eyes!!

I used to think the red face on Coots picture was from a good sunburn or a nip of apricot brandy, but today...[blush]

Whit
[signature]
Sounds like your bro may be bad luck for fishing[Tongue]. But not your nephew huh!

I was at Usana Amphitheater last night and for a while, there was some major lightening and it was close too. Got a downpour that soaked me within 5 minutes. The clouds were very ominous. My cousin kept saying we were going to have a tornado just from the looks of the clouds (swirling pattern). Glad you made it back safely though.

Funny stuff too. Don't know which quote is more funny!
---
"[size 1]i'm ok with dude but my coconuts are higher than yours honey"[/size]
---

or

---
[size 1][#4040ff]Brad hid in the bottom of the boat. I couldn't stop lifting my rod tip and listening to it buzz. Learned to cast by holding the cork so it wouldn't shock me too bad.[/#4040ff] [/size]
---

C'mon I'm at work. How am I supposed to act professional when we got this hilarity going on![sly]
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][#002850]Doooohh! [shocked] [shocked] [shocked]

I think I just lost ALL credibility on this board (if I ever had any).

Man, ahh, I mean lady, first I must apologize and then I think I’m going to go sip on a pina COLADA while I laugh myself silly. After a while I will probably realize how stupid I look and get really really embarrassed.

“I'm ok with dude but my coconuts are higher than yours honey ...”

I will [black]NEVER[/black] forget that comeback for as long as I fish.[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Not even considering that this is supposed to be a "family" forum...it is just as important to be politically correct as anatomically correct...whatever the heck that means.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Whew. No wonder I gots grey hair.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Best Thread on BFT since I have been around!!![Wink][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]I looked at this thread right before I left work today and laughed so hard on the way home my stomach was hurting. Then I made my wife read it and now neither of us can stop laughing.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Thanks for the report it was a great report even though I don't travel down that direction, and the extra humor was just a bonus. [/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Take Care,[/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
here are the pics to back up the story[Wink]

i want to apologize in case these are the wrong size, i'm trying i really am, i'm in TD's photo uploading class, lol
[signature]
Coot, you have made my day!!!

Whit
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I removed the large file pics you posted and did some enhancement and resizing on them. I think you can see some differences in the clarity...and they are small enough for our dialup challenged members to be able to enjoy easier.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]NOTE: Photo tweaking classes will henceforth be held under a coconut tree (See photo of classroom). Pina coladas are optional.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[url "http://www.belizebreeze.com/basiljones/photopages/photos/planting_coconuts_jorge_has_trees.jpg"][Image: tn_planting_coconuts_jorge_has_trees.jpg][/url]
[signature]
Lisa, Lisa, Lisa.....

Are you crazy!? [Tongue]

Sorry just started reading this thread... thought the person in the avatar looked familiar! Nice report. I have been fishing Willard quite a bit this year... We should get out there.. weather permitting of course. [cool]
[signature]
Dude, Your killin me. I still cant stop laughing.

That is some funny PUPU

Thats all right coot, I still like ya dude.
[signature]
hahaha... love the new avatar Coot!!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Being a family site and all, I decided that my new avatar was pushing the envelope just a little too much so I decided to go back to my old one. But it was fun while I dared leave it up there.[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
Hey Ralph, I want to see your Avatar[unsure], just got off work and read your post, can you send it to me in a PM?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Here was my short lived avatar:

[inline Coconuts.jpg][/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]