Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bountiful Ponds
Where is Bointiful Pond and how would I get to it from Clearfield? What kind of fish do they have in it?
[signature]
[size 1]In Bountiful on I-15, take the 400 north exit (Hwy 131) west, turn north on 800 west, turn west on pages lane (appr. 1600 north). Follow pages lane to Property.I went out there today about 9:30 fished for an hour with powerbait and caught nothing then fish all of a sudden started jumping so I put on a bubble and a fly cast maybe 3 times with no hits then the wind picked up hard I ended up leaving without any fish Oh well maybe when this storm goes away and the sun comes out.[cool]
[/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the info Hoobie, I might give it a try this weekend.
[signature]
Hey Hoobie it's been a while since I fished the *ponds* out at the dump there in Bountiful. I thought there wasn't any trout in there? So now i am Confused (as usual lately). Here's what i thought the pond had to offer. Carp, LBM, SMB, an assorment of sun fish and catfish. Has that changed? Or have I fished for the wrong thing there last year? It might explain my lack of success while the kids at the launch were knocking them dead.
[signature]
[Smile][size 1]The DWR website says that there are Largemouth bass, bluegill, black bullheads, channel catfish, walleye, yellow perch, white bass, trout, and carp however I've only been there once I did see a dead catfish floating around that looked like it was probably 2lbs. and saw a few carp jumping.
[/size]
[signature]
Bountiful pond has trout stocked there in the fall and spring (I think) and catfish during the summer. All of the above listed are also found there, but they arent stocked. The Largemouth Bass are for the most part stunted. The carp and catfish can grow HUGE. Last monday I pulled a 5lb cat out of there on powerbait. They also put brood-stock in there (old spawners from the hatchery) these fish look like eels because they have no fins. All in all, it is a murcky, muddy, junky pond where you are liable to catch anything.
[signature]
LOL when I grew up out there it didn't even have a name. We use to go there and bow hunt carp from the mounds in the dump. I bet ya ca catch just about anythig out there LOL. Will be taking FB2 there again maybe this time we will have some luck. Other than me falling into the pond that is.
[signature]
Has anyone had any luck at this pond? I drove by there yesterday while i was driving my son around to go to sleep. It looked pretty good from the parking lot. It was raining hard when i got there and the stream running in was way muddy.
[signature]
i was out there thur. the 27th cold very windy got three bites for three hours of fishing saw a nice catfish at the mouth of the inlet but he was'nt biting

aquaman
[signature]