Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PORCUPINE???
Anyone know if the ice is off Porcupine yet??"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
[Smile][black][size 1]I read somewhere that you can launch boats up there so I guess the ice is off I haven't got up there yet though.[/size][/black]
[signature]
The boat launch is kinda tricky. I've launched there quite a bit.

the launch is its the middle finger of the res its rocky and steep but its accessable. due to the erosion problems its wakeless speeds only though.
[signature]
Have you tried to launch in the back at the end of the road? It's a little farther to drive but it's not as steep and it's a wider launch. It is a dirt and rock launch area. WH2
[signature]
I dont know why it put me up as a guest on the previous post
[signature]
I use to launch my 14 footer at both areas and never had a problem but I haven't been there in years, I don't think I'd take this 16 footer. WH2
[signature]
So how's the fishing at porcupine now? Is it worth fishing there without a boat?
[signature]
I have not heard any reports lately, maybe one of the other guys have been there. We use to do good there in the spring, fishing from shore. The best area was close to the inlet, most of the fish were small but I have landed a nice 5 pounder there. Good luck if you go and let us know how you do. WH2
[signature]
[#ff0000]I've been at work all week, more like all month. I'll drive up later today and check it out. We've launched an 18 foot open bow up there lots at both spots. I think the best is the first, but you have to have something 4X4 tough enough to pull back up the steep loose rocky slope. The one by the spring is too much of a side hill for me - makes me nervous. If you launch a heavy boat do it before the water goes down as it gets super muddy. My buddy got his boat off OK but sunk the trailer in the muck trying to get it back out. About needed a tow truck to get it out of the lake and tore up the trailer a bit. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
[#ff0000]OK, I'm back. Porcupine is all soft water now. Didn't see any boats out, quite a few shore fishermen. Nothing coming out of the dam, water is still quite low. As soon as I get a new ride for my boat I'm up there![/#ff0000]
[signature]
Took the wife to Porcupine on Saturday and got skunked. We were just throwing powerbait and spinners close to the inlet. There were a couple boats on the water and a couple others fishing from the shore. It sure is beutifull up there, its too bad the fishing isn't better-any tips are appreciated.
[signature]
I've had good luck up there with silver castmasters and red #2 mepps spinners. worms usually do great there also.

D
[signature]