Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Afternoon
Well hit the Nell at noon and talked to a buddy as he was loading his boat....

We wanted to see if morning or afternoon was better fishing....

They (three of them) got there at 6:00 and fished to 12:00 in that time they boated 40 bass with 30 over 12" and biggest at 18"+ ...

We got there (two of us) at 12:00 and left at 5:30 we boated 20 bass with 14 over 12" and the biggest at 17"+ we had wind and they had it calm, I lost one at the boat (I tried to hand land it) the net was on the deck very DUMMMMM it looked to be 19 to 20"......The big ones always gets away....[pirate]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=27772;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=27773;]
[signature]
So is the moral of the story, to fish the morning if you want to catch more and bigger fish? or maybe the moral is to have three people fishing with you to catch more fish? Anyway you look at it though, you and the boys caught a lot of fish and it makes me wonder, do you guys ever catch any walleye there?[crazy] WH2
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report. Looks like the grandson took my advice about the shirt very seriously. When I suggested that he NOT wear that radical shirt, I didn't mean that he should fish topless. But, even though this is a family forum I guess it is okay to post the picture.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Have you noticed the fish moving any deeper?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice report Cliff. Tell the boy I know a good dermatologist that treats a lot of skin cancer[Tongue]
[signature]
I don't know if you should fish early or late give me about 50 more trips and I'll let you know....

And no I have never seen or caught a walleye.....

But I did see a guy that said he had three eyes in his boat I looked and all he had was 13" male perch, but no mater what I said I was wrong and he had walleyes....
(with no teeth)[Wink][Wink]

[signature]
To tell the truth he was trying to get a tan but he said the picture was to show he wasn't wearing the shirt but didn't want no one saying any thing more.....

The bass have moved with the minnows, and are moving in packs so if you catch one throw another line near the one that is hooked and double time or in some cases triple up, I would look for them in 10' to 20' of water on slow sloping banks or points....
[signature]
Hey! Is that the guy from 'Charles in Charge'? Does anyone remember that show?
Cliff, what is that....thing...next to the boy in the picture?
[signature]
If you mean the thing looking around him on the right......Its my puppy and she love to dive off the boat and help with the fish...

Put a perch in the live well and she will watch it swim for a long time....

When I get home from fishing she has to make sure I don't have any fish in the well....

Some times when I go out side she will jump in the boat and set in the seat ready to go....

[signature]