Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trial, Washington, Tail, and Shadow Lakes
I went fishing with a long time friend to some of the Uintah lakes where we used to fish thirty years ago. We had a great time hiking through that beautiful country, and catching fish like we used to. Most of the mosquitoes are gone now. We caught fish (Brook Trout) at Shadow Lake (one of our favorite lakes), Tail Lake, and Trial Lake. We caught them throwing flies behind a bobber, and by throwing Panther Martin spinners.
[signature]
Nice, any size too them ?
[signature]
The biggest fish we caught were in Shadow Lake. They ranged from about 12 to 14 inches. The fish in Tail Lake were a bit smaller. We couldn't get a hit on Washington Lake, but we didn't fish there long -- only about 25 minutes. There were some fairly nice fish at Trial Lake, but they were hard to catch because of the pesky small fish that rushed to our lures. We released all of the fish we caught except for two Brook Trout.
[signature]
Fish deep at Mirror and you can get into the bigger fish (12" to 16")
[Image: MirrorLake071307016450.jpg]
The west side of that lake is deeper then you think .

I caught a bunch and nothing under 12"
[signature]
Yeah, what FG said. (If you can put up with the hoards of people.)

My favorite was Lily Lake and Crystal Lake. People were kinda like the mosquitoes...rare and hard to come by.
[signature]
Way to go Lloyd. Sounds like you are using up all of your kitchen passes all at once lately -- good for you.
[signature]