Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yuba lake accomodations
Hi. We are new out here to the west, henderson nevada, and we were looking for a place to catch some walleyes and northerns. yuba lake looks like about the closest to us. I have my own boat with me and was just wondering if there are any kind of resorts or cabins or any type of accomodations around the lake? we always went up to canada from chicago for a week and so I would like to give yuba lake a try. thanks a lot alan
[signature]
No resorts or cabins on the lake only camping. In Nephi there are some hotels etc only 25 to 30 miles. The wind blows on this lake but the Walleye can be had. Check general discussion Utah Yuba Lake Assortment, these fish were caught last weekend.
[signature]
I moved this to the UTAH board. You will probably have better answers over there.[Wink]
[signature]
There is camping in the 2 State Park areas. The nearest hotel (15 minutes to the lake) is in Scipio with only one place to eat in Scipio - a Dairy Queen. Next nearest is probably in Nephi (30 mins) and there are several hotels and lots of resturants.
[signature]
You can also stay in Gunnison and go to painted rocks stae park which is the south side of yubaand has plenty of pike and walleye ares and is only a 10-15 minute drive depending how fast you drive. There are plenty of places to eat in Gunnison plus there is a big supermarket there too if you want to buy snacks. I know there are hotels there but i dont know the names also painted rocks has really nice camping areas. But you might need to reserve a spot before you go. If you need more info on hotels in gunnison let me know i will be glad to help.
[signature]