Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good day at the Berry with the kids 7/21...
My daughter and son-in-law and the two grand kids came up from St. George for a family reunion. The reunion didn't start till noon, so we figured we had time to hit the Berry in the morning. We (Me, my son-in-law, my daughter Whitney (11) and my grand-daughter Mikell (3)) launched from the marina at about 6:15 a.m., and headed out towards the Knolls to find some fish. Once we saw a few fish on the finder, we stopped and anchored. Conditions were calm and glassy and we immediately started catching fish...or at least, everybody but ME started catching fish. I was very busy rigging poles, putting the chub meat on the hooks, untangling lines, lip-gripping and de-luring and releasing fish, taking pictures and just doing all the things that a grandpa does. Mikell and Whitney were getting just as many bites as anybody, and they outfished me at the end of the morning by a long ways! We ended up with 30 fish. 3 of which were over 22 inches. One was a fat 25 incher that Mikell, the 3 year old granddaughter caught! Out of those 30 fish, I only caught 2 of them. The rest were caught by Whitney, Jared and Mikell. Mikell, who is used to living in hot St. George, decided she wanted to go swimming at one point. So she hopped out into the water...and immediately got back into the boat! She is used to the warm waters of Quail Creek and Sand Hollow, not Strawberry! Anyway, we left when the bite turned off and made it home in time for the family reunion.
Attached are a few pics of our morning.

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
[font "High Tower Text"][#800080][size 4][Wink]Nice going, sounds like you were indead the capt of that ship with all the things that keep you busy, I'm jellous, 30 plus fish WOW, every time I go the wind becomes the [#ff0000]devil[/#ff0000] him self, it's good to here a nice report and a good time [laugh]with the family from the south, [shocked]Your pic's we would like to see them.. FISH ON!![/size][/#800080][/font]
[signature]
Most excellent! I'll bet you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Great post and pics! I love that lake! I know how being the "captain" is. Last week at Powell catching stripers it was all I could do to keep up baiting and unhooking for my kids. I didn't mind a bit! Good times!

Thanks for sharing!
[signature]
Well done Randy. You must have gone by Rent-A-Kid, you are too young to have G-kids.
[signature]
[cool] Nice report and pics. Finally some good Berry reports coming in.
[signature]
Nothing like a day on the berry with family. It just does not get any better than that. Plus you had a great bonus, you cought some fish. And some were very nice fish.
[signature]
Nice report Randy. As always its great when the little ones take us to school. We get to technical some times. Keep it simple and look what they do.
[signature]