Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield report 7/11
Went up to Scofield after work on Wednesday. Had rain and wind most of the way up Spanish Fork Canyon and actually considered turning around. By the time I hit the summit the rain had stopped. Arrived at the lake about 6. The arm at the first state park was calm but the main body of the lake had wind and was a little choppy but not too terrible. We launched the boat and headed to the island. We only saw two other boats. We dropped anchor on the Northeast corner and started fishing with power bait. I caught two bows about 12" in 1 1/2 hours. Around 7 the wind quit and the lake was totally calm. We decided to troll around the island and in the next hour picked up 6 nice fish while trolling a triple teaser. The biggest was a 2 1/2 pound female cutt and the others were averaging 18” bows. All in all it was a nice evening and relaxing to be on the water. It was nice and cool and very quiet.
[signature]
Nice report and good to hear it rained some where in Utah recently. Sounds like trolling is the way to go at Scofield. Do you know how fast you were trolling or what the water temp was? Thanks for posting your report. WH2
[signature]
I forgot my GPS so I am not sure the exact speed - I was trolling as slow as I could go - I have a 9.9 Johnson and it was just idling ever so slow. The water temp was very warm to the touch as I filled plastic bubbles. Sorry, not very scientific or exact...I am to a degree a low tech fisherman at this point...I am hoping Santa thinks I have been good this year and sees fit to leave a new fish finder - then I can upgrade in the tech world!
[signature]
Don't feel bad, most of us all started off with no tech stuff either and fishing was just as good. At least for smaller trout, it's no big deal, sometimes it helps with the macks and other fish. WH2
[signature]