Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
island park
just got back from my trip to island park fishing was sllllloooowwww the first day i went to ip reservoir at about two a clock in the after noon fished for a while and caught one fish on powerbait so i decided to swim with the rest of the family instead then the next couple of days we were to busy doing stuff so i wasnt able to fish but while we were in yellow stone we saw a grizzly and two cubs so that was pretty cool i did some exploring around the area of our camp site found a little stream i dont know whats its called but it was on yale creek road did some fly fishing there saw a coupe of 9 inchers but i only caught like 3 inch fish i would rip them out of the water when i set the hook. so later that day i took my little cousins fishing to the kids fishing pond stoddard mill i think is what it was called didnt catch a thing the next day got up early and went to ip reservoir went to the docks by buttermilk so fished there for a couple of hours and didnt catch a thing tried powerbait and woolybuggers everyone that was coming in on boats said they didnt catch anything either. the last day i didnt even bother fishing ip and i took my little cousins to the kids fishing pond first thirty minutes nothing so we started heading back and then the planting truck came so we went back and had a blast for about fifteen minutes until we had to go home never had a chance to fish warm river cause we swam in the firehole river instead
[signature]
I have not fished IP in a few years, but the water temps. in most lakes around here is very high. Jackson lake has been as high as 74 this year. I have found fish there and most everywhere else I have been lately at 40 to 60 feet deep. Without downriggers or leadcore, it would be pretty tough to catch anything. Try IP in May for great shoreline action.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you still had a good time even though the catching wasn't very good.
[signature]