Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge 7/26/07 with TarponJim-pics added
Finally got the chance to get out with Jim Williams yesterday at the Gorge with my favorite fishing partner-my wife Kori and her dad Dave. We were a little worried with the recent unsettled weather, but it cooperated all day. The road from Mtn. View towards Manilla was all torn up, but we took it slow and made it fine. Launched at 6:30 a.m. to a light chop on the water. It lasted until about 8:30 a.m. and then laid down nice and flat until we left at 3:00 p.m. None of it was any trouble because of the way Jim handled the boat, flawlessly. Within the first ten minutes Kori got the infamous Gorge "bonk" and it was fish on. The 21 lb toad put up an awesome fight. She was one happy girl. When she landed that fish I leaned over to my father-in-law and told him that if we had to go home right then I would go home happy, and truly meant it. Her dad was next up to bat with a 16 lb fish that also fought really well. I am embarrased to say that by this point I had missed a good 4-5 bites with all swings and misses. Fishing these fish was completely different from what I am used to. I knew that going in from all of the previous posts here by guys that have fished with Jim and figured that I would not have a problem. Boy, was I wrong! Those fish will humble anybody! I finally hooked up next and got it all the way to the net. It went 19 lbs. Beautiful fish. Dave finished out the day with the biggest fish-25 lbs! What a way to end the day. All fish were VERY fat and HEALTHY. Despite popular belief, those macs are doing just fine in there. The only thing that might be hurting them is all of the pressure. A lot of boats our for a mid week fish. All of our fish had multiple hook marks in their mouths, some up to 5-6. I have never fished such educated fish. It was amazing to watch Jim work with those fish. He knew exactly how to fish depending on the reaction of the fish on the electronics. Thanks again to Jim for a top notch day and the best fishing partners. Looking forward to next year. Pics coming soon. Jake
[signature]
Congratulations Jake! [Wink] Thanks for the report. Sounds like you all had a great day!!
[signature]
Ahhh, the infamous DonInDenver! I guess this is the guy with, according to Jim, "the worst case of Mac fever ever!" Well pal, you may have a close second now. Awesome day with Jim. Let me know if you ever need a fishing partner. It has only been a few hours and I am dying to try again. Jake
[signature]
glad to hear that the lock jawer s,o,b,s started back up. dang wife made me us go home the day before. owell i had a blast four the 4 days i got. but no mac,s. and i think ther are alot moore mentaly addicted laker chasers than most are aware. that lake was the biggest city in 5 couteys the 24th. nice report. ken
[signature]
[reply]
Ahhh, the infamous DonInDenver! I guess this is the guy with, according to Jim, "the worst case of Mac fever ever!" [/reply]

Like Jim has any room to talk!! [Tongue]
[signature]
Hey, I'm the one who has to treat the "Mack Fever!" Capt. Jim, Dr. of Mackinaw Medicine. (too bad I can't treat sore necks and backs!)

Mine original case of Mack Fever was near-terminal for many years, but now I only have ocassional symptoms from time to time, which are easily treatable. (I actually had some self-therapy today!)

Now I have a severe case of Tarpon Fever, and the only treatment center for that is in the Keys.
[signature]
Jake: I really had a good time with the three of you. I went out by myself today, to the same area, and the fish were definitely tougher. I got a couple of nice ones, but definitely fewer bites than we had yesterday. Looks like you hit it just right . . .
[signature]
Good on ya slinger, Capt Jim Knows his stuff. nice report
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip. I went out with my favorite fishing partners (wife and son) over the weekend. We didn't do very well at all. Very few bites and when they happened I missed or only had them hooked for a short time. I would love to book another trip with the "Dr. of Mackinaw Medicine" again. But if I spend any more money on Mack fishing I think my wife will kill me. Maybe next year. I would of liked to of been in the boat on 7/27 just to watch the "Doc". work the magic.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Jake, got the pics edited in for ya. Great stuff. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks again Pat. Your a great help to the board. Jake
[signature]