Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
test
[Image: l33599.jpg]
[signature]
That looks like Starvation, right off Juniper Point looking towards Knight Hollow. Sand bar just to the left. Is that right or is it a shot by Cedar Springs on the Gorge?
[signature]
LOL Wrong on both counts. It's straight across from Bob's Wall at Starvation looking west at the Strawberry River inflow. Recognize it now?????????????????
[signature]
[pirate]Wow! I was on the wrong end of the lake!? Boy do I feel stupid about now...[blush]

I think maybe some of the time this weekend might be spent looking instead of just fishing.[Wink]
[signature]
Yep... I call it the fallin' wall. It looks like it fell into the water actually that's what that is anyways huh? LOL I had a good time in that area last fall.
[signature]
After you identified it I recognized it. Went out there one time with a guy doing research on the walleye in Starvation. Told me about one time they were electroshocking (with a "shock boat") and brought up a few 10-lb browns right off that point. Imagine.[cool]
[signature]
What was the researchers name?
[signature]
Here's a Starvation brown from that same area last year. I love that lake. It will be interesting to see what imact the recently introduced perch will have, and for how long.

[Image: l33605.jpg]
[signature]
Another fine Specimen from Starvation. Can you believe that this guy used to be the Assistant Attorney General out here and is now the Uinta County Attorney? I took him out to catch a Walleye, but this is all he could catch...[Wink]

[url "http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/CURT6897/PageAlbumCurtisfishPageNumber2Pic17Fullview.htm"][Image: CURT6897CustomImage0221620.jpg][/url]
[signature]
I believe I detected a hint of bias in that last statement Mr. Curtis. LMAO What I like about Starvation browns is they're good to eat at large sizes, unlike river browns. That red flesh looks like salmon and is delicious grilled.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Check out what fell out of that browns mouth when he was boated. If that isn't a twist of fate. Poor little waldo..............

[Image: l33606.jpg]
[signature]
More of a rip on the Attorney than the fish. I would have loved to connect with that brute. He caught that thing on the sandbar in June. Not more than 10' deep and right under the boat on a 1/8oz. black marabou jig. I ate the 25" Brown I caught out of there a few years ago. BBQ in foil, add butter and seasonings, roll twice, mmmmmm.
[signature]
Isn't that a tiny walleye that came out of the brown's mouth?
[signature]
Yes, that is a tiny walleye that came out of it's mouth. Strange, eh?. That's what I thought so I took a picture. Didn't think my friends would believe me. I'm sure it usually goes the other way............................
[signature]