Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few Idaho Muleys
[Image: 4-1.jpg]
[Image: 3-1.jpg]
[signature]
[size 1]I had to manipulate this post by posting the two narrow pictures at top so you could read the text. I didn't want to take time to resize the pictures so I hope this works. [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Here are a few pictures of deer I've taken this summer. I've spent a lot of my spare time lately scouting for deer instead of fishing. Anyone else hunting muleys in Idaho this fall?[/size]
[size 1][/size]

[Image: 3-4.jpg]

[Image: 1-9.jpg]
[signature]
Sure wish i was. Is that the South hills? I used to see some monsters up that way.
[signature]
Glad you reposted--I wanted to tell you those were nice shots with the velvet on them, but the ads were covering up the replay link! You must be fairly sneaky to get that many good shots. Good luck this fall!
[signature]

lunkerhunter,

By "South Hills" I'm assuming you are talking about units 54 and 55. I took these pictures in three different general season units in Eastern Idaho. Currently you have to draw a tag if you want to hunt with a rifle hunt in units 54 and 55. I attempted to draw a moose tag this year (didn't draw[Sad]) so I wasn't eligible to apply for deer, elk or antelope controlled hunts this year.

Reelady,

I din't have to be too sneaky to take most of the pictures. With the exception of two of the pictures all of the deer were at least 200 yards away. The deer in a couple of the pictures were more than 3/4 of a mile away. I use my spotting scope as a telephoto lens when take long distance pictures.
The deer in the the below picture was about 225 yards away. If there is good lighting I can get fairly good pictures through my spotting scope.
[signature]
Here is a pic of my 2007 muley.
[signature]
Nice buck dude! What unit were you in? I am guessing that you were in heavy timber by the darkness of his antlers.
Here is mine for 07.
Nothing to talk about but it was a fun hunt.
[inline "2007 mz buck 001s.JPG"]
[signature]
nice harvest...

I spent the whole day in the woods today, all I saw was a wood pecker and a couple squrils off in the distance.

get home and there is three deer standing in my drive way....[Tongue] guess I cant say I didnt see any thing today... LOL
[signature]
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

BMURR, do you have any pictures of the nontypical you killed a couple years ago?

I'll get some pictures from this years deer hunt up sometime soon.
[signature]
Here you go!
[signature]