Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late DC report w/pics of low water
Well better late than never I guess. Well Luke and I hit the water last Fri up at Deercreek. Well we did not manage to catch any fish, but it was a nice evening warm water, decent weather and many many fish jumping all around us. I have no top water lures so I tried throwing everything I had. I tossed shallow diving Rap, plastics spinners you name it and I tossed it on the one rod. On my other I soaked a several different colors of jig tipped with perch and only had 2 bumps. Oh well. When they say do not park on the beach DONT, even though everyone else is.

Majja

[inline "Beach Launching.jpg"]

[inline "Luke getting ready.jpg"]

[inline "Luke fishin by the Island.jpg"]

[inline "Great Sunset.jpg"]

[inline "Rising Moon.jpg"]

ps I would of had a few more pics but I forgot to put the memory card back in to my camera, so this is all the internal would hold
[signature]
[black][size 3]Good report and pictures.[/size][/black]
[size 3]Sounds like you have to fit yourself with a little "first aid kit". I would recommend that you carry a few flies and some cast-a-bubbles with you.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]It doesn't take much, some buggers, (black, brown, olive), renegades, hairs ear nymph, and anything else that you have a little confidence in.[/size]

[size 3]Then just rig them and change your retrieve until you find success any time that you find fish doing the surface activity thing. It's almost always effective.[/size]
[signature]
Granted I did not have any of the bobber's however I took my fly boxes out and left them in the truck. I think after that trip a few will always be along for the ride.
[signature]
[size 1]"When they say do not park on the beach DONT, even though everyone else is."[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Wild guess -- you and a bunch of other folks got ticketed?[/size]
[signature]
Just a warning. We thought it might have been for before they closed the ramp.
[signature]