Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Hp Trolling Motor
i am in this process now myself, i have a 14 foot alum semi-V. i have a 7.5 horse now, it isnt enough when wind and waves get bad, i was debating going to a 9.9, but if im rated for 25hp, i think i am wanting a 15 to move me better and give me a bit more power when needed, any more than the 15 i am not sure i can get the slow speeds for trolling and that will be total idle in gear for the 15 to get 1.5 or 2 mph out of it, other wise i want the extra power for when i am carrying more people, gear, FISH!! LOL. i want to find a evinrude, but i guess the lower HP motors for them are produced by Johnson now, good motor still but i am looking into other products as well. My big feature i want is a gas tank on top of the motor, i dont want to have to deal with a setup of gas can piped to the motor, i dont have a trailor (yet) and i take the motor off, i know there are qwik connect fitting for the fuel lines and all but then i have to deal with the gas can that will be much bigger than the 2 gallon one i carry now...smallest i have seen for this is 5 gallons so it doubles my gas load. just what i have come up on lately, the nissan motors look pretty sweet too.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
What Hp Trolling Motor - by MarkM - 08-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Re: [MarkM] What Hp Trolling Motor - by BADFISH - 08-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Re: [MarkM] What Hp Trolling Motor - by N.E.T.O. - 08-05-2007, 08:24 PM