Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please do not drive through striper schools
About 6:00 Sunday morning we were out off the NE side of Sand Island and a deep-V Tracker fishing about 50 yards from the
Skeeter drove through the school we were fishing despite my hand signal attempts to point out the slurpers all around. School sounded and split - never really coalesced again that morning.

Sometimes this happens.... I have occasionally gotten in the middle of a school using the trolling motor. Especially if they travel towards the Skeeter and surface around me...Never get in the middle using the big motor...

As a courtesy please pay attention to the other boats around you. Sometimes they see things you can't see.
[signature]
I see this on every lake I go on,

Every year I am seeing fish injured or killed by prop or hammering form jet boats or pwc's.

It gets my goat when I see these craft crusing on top of drop offs and weed beds... These are homes to fish, give them a break.....

Sad part is most of these guys doing it dont fish, many are anti fishing and yet they give no concideration to the habitat the fish live in...

there are a number of species that hover on top of the waters at certain times during the year, including blue gills, crappie, bass, carp, pike, dog fish, ect....
[signature]
Amen to that. Nothing stops a boil faster than ripping through it. Want to catch more fish? Invest in an electric trolling motor!

Sounds like combat fishing at its best. That's why during topwater season I try to stay off the lake on weekends if possible.
BaySport
[signature]