Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After work fishing....
Asked buddy about going out after work late in the afternoon but he had other things he had to do all day. So stayed on working until after two. Got home and son got home too and I asked lets go fishing now...He just left to take a shower so sounds like he was going out with his buddies.
So I just sat by the computer looking around and kinda staying home. Son was done with showering and said lets go! Yea!!! Loaded up the truck with our tubes, fishing stuff and drinks. Stopped for a quick "dinner" of Wendy's and ate on the road. I wanna get there fast so we can have an extra time of fishing.
Stopped for bait as son wanted to use minnows. I was going to just cast around and jig as I see TubeDude caught a lot on it.
Talked about which lake to go and we picked the one we always like and had time to walk in and fish and be out before they close the gates at eight. We got there at 4:40 PM. Got out of the truck and ready to leave but son stopped and said I gotta go number 2 and took the truck up to the outhouse. I left for the lake and he would met me there.
Water's nice and very light wind, blue sky and pretty warm out. I went for the deeper part of the water and jigged around w/o the bait. Nothing after a few tries. Load on the Zoom minnow and cast it around nothing too. Put on a Rapala when I noticed my son catching one after another with minnows and I caught three little bass at 14 inches. I spot some fishing making some "rolls" on the surface and going in circles around the lake. Every time they come close I would cast the Rapala ahead of them and reel it on top in the middle of them and one would strike it and hold on to it but would let go.... happens too many times and I can't hook one! Maybe it is because I removed the middle hook as I didn't like messing up the bass on them. Wonder what kind of fish they were....
Time is running out and had to get back to the truck, son hooked on something big and I see his rod in the water! I moved in a little close to see the action. Time is getting too close to the closing time and he is still fighting the fish......wonder if we would make it by running? He got the fish up and it was a nice cat! I did say it would had weight maybe seven pounds.
Got off the lake and walked as fast as we can, being soaking wet, got to the truck and packed the gears. I got out of the wet clothes and into dry ones and son forgot his but jumped in the truck with only his under wear. He tells me hurry up as it was already pass eight! Got pass the gate and it was still open and no tickets! Nice sunset and the lake turned glassy smooth. Ah nice way to end the day and we had fun!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report. Always good to go fishing with the family fishin' buddies. And, some of those quick unplanned trips turn out to be the best.[/#0000ff]
[signature]