Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take A Kid Fishing
As the prime fishing season approaches, I just thought it would be proper to remind everyone that if you can, try to take a kid fishing this year. The future of our sport is at risk from declining participation and from those that simply disagree with the traditions those on this board were obviously brought up with. The investment of a small amount of time and knowledge will pay dividends for our resources far into the future. Your child, or a niece or nephew, a grandchild or just a neighborhood kid would remember the experience for a lifetime. Do you remember your first trip????? On that sappy note, I'd like to share a pic that would make any father proud. My son caught this bigmouth last summer and I'll never live it down LOL.

Good Fishing, Kayote

[Image: l33715.jpg]
[signature]
Nice Pic and Pig , I try all the time to get my kid to go . I hope someday he would tag along more . All his friends want to come , so that is the only way I can get him to go . I know when i was a kid I was dying to go in any weather condition . I have better luck taking other kids in the neighborhood than my own .
[signature]
Dont feel bad Hellsangel. I got 2 myself, My son is starting to come around but my daughter has no desire. My sons friend loves to go to though so I will take him alot with us. My nephew want to go all the time to but I aint tagging the small herd everywhere I go.
[signature]
What a nice hawg Katote! Congrats to the young man. Where was that bad boy caught?
[signature]
Nice hawg Kayote, it is always nice when the younger generation has luck and fun fishing. I usually go fishing with my son and my grandson. On occasion my granddaughter goes with us.It is alot funner for me when the kids go.
[signature]
IN the summer I go up to Silver Lake by Brighton Ski resort at least once a week after work to relax. Since I live at the base of the canyon. Last year I actually found my self doing very little fishing and helping the kids. There are always kids between 6-14 up there with their single mom or some similar situation who has no clue on fishing, trying to catch their first fish. I have a tackle box marked charity now, just for this reason. Just to help less fortunate kids catch their first fish. It is priceless. Since I am only 23 yrs old and have no kids that I know of, it is fun to work with others kids. It helps us out as anglers for conservation reasons in the future!!!! Plus givin' a little back. It is my father coming out in me, i admit it. God rest his soul, good man. Passing on his good deeds now!!!!
[signature]
I used to think it was a pain taking kids because I couldn't focus on my catching. I guess I've matured, but I'd rather get a newcomer into a nice fish than myself now. Go figure.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Took my nephew out Friday on the Provo above Deer Creek. Rainbows were on the spawn and was a great time on either a spinner or I even had him hooking up with a fly rod and glow bugs. Most fish had amazing colors. And it was a good chance for a kid to catch a big fish with out using bait.

tightline
[signature]
My son is 2 and a half and already loves to fish during the summer. One of his first words was "ishes". When I go fishing and don't bring any fish home, he gets mad and won't talk with me for hours.
[signature]
My son released the one in the picture above. He was mad at me for taking so long with the pics........................

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Last summer, I took my 10-year-old grandson and his friend to Deer Creek. I demonstrated to the friend (who had never caught a fish) how to cast a closed bail reel with a jig. I handed the pole to the boy and watched him cast about 25 feet, and then I proceeded to tie a jig on my grandson's pole. The friend started screaming that he had a fish on. I couldn't believe it, his first cast and he landed a 15 inch small mouth bass. In a few minutes he landed an even walleye. He would have caught several more fish, but he kept forgetting to set the hook. My grandson also caught a few fish, so it was a great day of fishing. All six of my grandchildren love to fish, and I enjoy taking them.
[signature]