Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of water in Ogden
For you guys that live in Ogden you already know this but for the rest, there was a downpour here. Just a few rivers running down our streets nothing major. I went for a drive just as it was getting dark to see how the neighborhood fared and saw kids swimming in the retaining pounds, which were now four or five feet deep. There were also several guys with their labs getting them trained for the upcoming duck hunt by tossing their training aids and having the dogs retrieve them. If it wasn't so dark I would have taken some pictures. I did get this one before it got dark. Sure is amazing how entertaining a little water can be. WH2
[signature]
I got about the same in Roy. That severe t-storm went right over my house! 60+mph sustained winds for about 10 minutes. I am glad i live on a semi-sloping hill.[cool]
[signature]
Won't be needing to water my lawn for a few days after that one.That was one torrential downpour!
[signature]
I can't remember getting that much rain in that short of time ever. From inside the house, it looked like someone was pouring buckets of water off the roof, like a waterfall. Of course some of the folks with the automatic sprinklers still had them going[mad], should be easy enough to put them on rain delay or turn them off. Across the street my neighbor has a low lying driveway that was full of water. Down the street another neighbor lost a whole parking strip of wood chips(20 big bags) that just floated away when the water jumped the curb and ran down through his yard and into the street.
[signature]
What rain? Have not had a drop at house in West Valley[unsure]
[signature]
I was driving through that rain towing my boat (headed to Lee's Marine again[unsure]). For a long ways on the freeway we were traveling at 25 mph, and that seemed to be too fast.
[signature]
Thats a bummer, the carb rebuilt did not work I guess. Sure hope Lee is able to fix it, without any major work[unsure].
[signature]