Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Park Report
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I spent some time with my family in Island Park this last weekend. I was able to do a fair amount of fish but not a whole lot of catching. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]We fished Island Park Reservoir in the deeper water on the east end and shallower water on the west end. The west end was better fishing. Normally around this time of the year when the water is low we have done better fishing the deeper water on the east end. We mostly fished bait and caught all of our fish on bait. I did try casting a spinner and watched a fish smack it but wasn’t able to hook him. I also tried jigging with a smaller dark brown tube jig tipped with a piece of crawdad meat without any bites. My brother tried fly fishing the west end for over an hour without any luck. I heard the fishing at IP reservoir was better a couple weeks ago. I know a guy who caught three trout in an afternoon that had a combined weight of more than 15lbs.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]This picture shows me with a small rainbow from the east end.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=28749][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]This is a picture of a rainbow from the west end.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=28750][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]My brother fighting a rainbow.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=28751][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]A respectable rainbow from the West end. (18.5” long) The circle hook got him perfectly in the corner of the mouth but it was really hard to remove.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=28752][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]My brother and I also spent some time fishing the Henry’s Fork. We did get into a few nice rainbows but the Henry’s Fork in Island Park can be much better than it is currently. All of the places in Island Park should be better fishing in a few weeks when the weather starts to cool off.[/size][/font]
[signature]
You didn't happen to fish Henry's Lake by chance? I will be going up there at the end of september and I hope the fishing picks up.

I heard they might also be closing some of the lakes and reservoirs early this year do to the extreme heat condition (or for some reason) is that true?
[signature]
Got a report yesterday from a reliable source, that Henry's is turning around. I will be up there in three weeks and I amlooking forward to a great week on both Henry's, and Hebgen along with the surrounding rivers.
[signature]
We will be up the 20th of sept for 3-4 days it should be cooled off and fishing good by then
[signature]
I did not fish Henry's this trip. I bet the fishing at Henry's has improved with the cooler weather. End of September should be a good time to catch fish at Henry's.

There have been places closed in Montana and Yellowstone Park. The Idaho F&G (at least in Eastern Idaho) have not restricted any lakes or rivers due to high water temperatures. I'm guessing that you just heard a rummor.
[signature]