Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sacramento Perch / Crowely Lake
Just got back from my annual trip to the Eastern Sierra's, thought i would post a few pic's on what they look like, since they are in our proclamation, but no body knows what lakes, in Utah we can catch them in anymore.[Wink] If any body wants any info about Lake Crowely, or directions for the best route to take from Utah, or how we fish for the Perch, i would be happy to share what i know about it. Definitely a worth while trip, there is no limit on them and they really want to keep the population in check, because Lake Crowely is a Popular California Trout Fishery (ugh). Oh and one other thing, if you ever go there and happen to see the old guy (DAD) in the picture holding the Perch, you might want to stay clear of his boat, he tends to fall a sleep at the wheel when he is trolling. [Wink]
[signature]
Interesting looking perch. They look more like a crappie than a perch. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Nice pictures, how big or long was they????

[signature]
Thanks for the report. I'd like to get that info on Lake Crowley from ya if you wouldn't mind. Not planning to go out there right away, but I'd like to know about it in case I can make it work any time soon. Looks like a lot of fun!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report and pics.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]For those who don't know, but would like to go after Sacramento perch in Utah, there is still a good population of them in Garrison Reservoir (Pruess Lake), over on the edge of Utah, past Delta, near the Nevada Border.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That is a long drive in these days of high gas prices, but there are also catfish and largemouth...and carp. I had planned a trip there in May, but weather cancelled it. Maybe we can get up a tubing floatilla caravan next spring.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There have been fish over 4 pounds taken there.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I would be down for that next spring TD. Is that lake on the way our to Great Basin National Park?
[signature]
It's right across the border.
[signature]