Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellow Tail/Tuna
Ok, TubeN2 or others if you want to move this or delete, feel free. This is just a post from a non cook who was given big yellow tail, frozen, and didn't have any idea what to do with it. Looked at the forum and saw a lot of tuna caseroles and sushi and was discouraged. Tried cutting off a steak and frying and it was bad. Tried sushi with salsa and it was much better. Had decided that was the way to go. Tonight I took about a 1 1/4 in. sawed off steak and thawed it out. Took about half of it and pan fried it in some Japenese Bread crumbs, the rest was raw. What I did was make the griddle hot and singed the chunks on both sides no more than a 1/16 in., leaving most raw, and served it up with soy sauce. Now there are all sorts of alternatives for coating or not, with sauces, or not but all I have to way is that it was great. Any comments?
Leaky
That is a very good recipe. Did you share any with the Sparkinator??? I bet he would love Tuna as well. Nice touch with the salsa too.

I do something very similar in my George Forman Grill. It is great for seering the out side of Tuna steaks as well as other types of fish.

If you would like, you could re-post this on the Tuna thread. Just let me know when you are ready.[Smile]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Fish_and_Game_Recipes_C65/Fish_recipes_F116/Tuna_Recipes_P105873/"]Tuna Thread[/url]
[signature]
That's up to you Bud. If you think it's worth it, go ahead. Or would you rather I do it? Since I ain't a cook, I never know if my ideas are any good.
Leaky
I know you are a good cook. You and Sparky are still alive from your hand in the kitchen! [Wink] I can move the post but I can't do it with your name and info in the Avatar section. If you copy and past it, then your name will be there.[cool]
[signature]