Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great first try at the Tiger Muskies (Pineview)
[Smile] So, made my first trip to Pineview today(Thurs.)by myself. Targeting only the elusive Tiger Musky. Launched from the west side ramp, because no one told me the Huntsville ramp is locked until 7:00 am!?!?[mad] What is up with that? Anyway, started trolling right off the bat, didn't get a hit until about seven or seven thirty, then WHAM fish on!! Got him to the boat and he went 30" man what a rush, I was shaking real bad.[crazy] So on I kept trolling with my Rapalas and an hour later WHAM another, he went a little longer 34" then two more spaced an hour apart or so that also went 30" and 5 lbs. Off the lake by noon. What a great first trip there. Now I am spoiled and will probably never catch another one. Oh well, I am giddy.[Wink] Thanks O.C. Sorry the pics aren't the greatest, I was trying to do a lot of things really fast to get those snakes back in the water quick.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Brain, looks like a great first trip. Most people don't do nearly that good their first time after the musky, thanks for sharing. WH2
[signature]
Aint it great?[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Yup, I agree with Wiperhunter2; "most people don't do nearly that good their first time after the musky". Buy the way, those pics are just fantastic … up close and personal … almost like being right there. Wow, 4 the first time. Good job. Oh, and buy the way, the bigger they are, the more you shake . he ..he.

One last thing … thanks for taking good TLC with them tigers. The fish gods are a smiling on ya.
[signature]
Sounds like you had quite the stellar day out there. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Yes, excellent especially for your first time! I haven't caught one yet this year...
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
The lake is very low and the ski boats get out very early up there. If you go, go early and must be during the week. By noon that place was a zoo, I can't imagine what it would be like on a Saturday[pirate].
[signature]
Either you are lucky or a great fisherman. I have been out several times now and the best I have done is to get one on and up to the boat. But he got off before I could get a picture.
[signature]
Fished it today and landed a 30"er and some smallies. Boats got horrible at about 12:00. Topwater bite is winding WAY down.
[signature]
I would have to go with the first... Lucky
[signature]